ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Newbie has three basic questions

Newbie has three basic questions

@font-face { font-family: "New York"; }@font-face { font-family: "Cambria"; }p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal { margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: "Times New Roman"; }div.Section1 { page: Section1; } Three newbie questions that I can't find answers for in the manual:

1. How can I remove the pink cast to a painting background? Every graphic I create on smooth "white" paper and print or export has a pinkish background with obvious image edges when I paste it into a non-ArtRage project.

2. If one of my layers has pen strokes in, say, blue only, and I want to make that layer all red, how do I do that? I don't "get" the "transform" function, but have played with it and it doesn't seem to change colors for me.

3. Everything I produce seems to print and export in faded condition, compared with my screen version. E.g., large color areas are washed out, delicate outlining drops out all together, etc. The only way around it I've found is to do a screen capture and convert that PNG to a JPG which I can then fool around with in some other software----which is totally too much work.

If this info is in the manual or in this forum's tech tips, please let me know, because I can't find it! Thank you in advance.

Hi tuckyl,
    1 - I've never run into this issue, so I'm afraid I can't help you with it.

2 - The Transform tool is a tool for moving and modifying the size of a selected area, and has no option for hue shifting. However, in ArtRage Studio Pro there is an Adjust Color panel (Go to: Edit > Adjust Layer Colors) that can be used to shift the color hue. People not using ARS Pro could opt to create a stencil from the layer, and then fill it with the new color.

3 - This is probably a result of ArtRage using RGB colors. RGB colors can produce colors that do not relate to colors a printer can produce. Though, it's odd that you'd be able to sidestep the issue by grabbing a screen shot of it, so I'm not 100% sure this is what you're experiencing. With RGB colors, if you have a large area on the screen that has a number of colors that are off the gamut of colors the printer can understand, the colors are shifted automatically to the next possible color it can handle, which often results in muddled patterns or flat areas. The only way to handle printing properly, is to bring an exported image into a program designed for handling CMYK color, which may be used to convert the colors from an RGB gamut to the CMYK gamut. It will still result in color shifts though, but there's really no way around that.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank you, Mr. Sane! This sounds extraordinarily logical, and I will follow your suggestions. I design knitwear and must provide sketches of variations in yarn color choices, so being able to change colors as well as reproduce them is key.