Page 548 of 1672 FirstFirst ... 4844849853854654754854955055859864810481548 ... LastLast
Results 5,471 to 5,480 of 16718

Thread: Bus sketch'es 1.2.3.4.5.

These recent portraits are really terrific. The thread continues to be a marvel.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

Ho Ho. Ho. Byron. See you've. Gone bonkers. Couldn't you sleep. SLAINTE

Hi Madam Katie Of The Moara Summer Flower's as Promised Think Its slightly better than those Stones

My head is in a turmole and my hands are bleeding had to keep chopping chunks off before they would let throu ok

.......SLAINTE cloudy has rained as the road looks wet
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Madam   Katie  2.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	76122  

Quote Originally Posted by eighty+ View Post
    . . . and be as Critical as you like as it helps me to pay more Attention thanks SLAINTE SATTE BBONNE Si Si
    Well, hard to be too critical on this one. You got his expression really well -- that sort of petulant "I'm all that" sort of look. I was comparing it to the original and it resembles it well. I think you paid lots of attention to the details. By comparison, if in fact you are aiming to make some money doing forgeries, is that that painter modeled things only a little more than you have done. Your stuff still looks like a drawing that has been taken to nearly a painting, more so than it looking like a painting. But that's not a criticism. . . unless you are after an exact copy.

This piece is brilliant. One of your best, and you definitely definitely definitely are nailing his emotion, which is quite subtle to get it without going too strong or too weak. I look at this painting and I want to play this song for the model "Don't worry, be happy, and let them eat cake."

You're blowing me mind here, lad. Amazing stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv-Fk1PwVeU
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

[QUOTE=D Akey is that that painter modeled things only a little more than you have done. Your stuff still looks like a drawing that has been taken to nearly a painting, more so than it looking like a painting. But that's not a criticism. . . unless you are after an exact copy.

Hi Mac can u explik more in detail as being an 85 year old duffer it take's a long to sink in ok like the song thanks

thought I'd look at Layer's but the misteries are stiill beyond me ok SLAINTE

Name:	trying layers    ok.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	76126  

HI Thought she'd look better with arms ok SLAINTE

Name:	Trying   Layers      ok      2.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	261.7 KB 
ID:	76127  

Hi Mr Ploos,

Well, it isn't about layers what I'm talking about, it's more about having your line work describing things and a little bit of tone to add some volume. Probably the most obvious place to look is the cravat where you have the line and only a wee bit of modeling.

modeling = creating the illusion of volume through going from light to dark in appropriate ways that make it look dimensional and in keeping with what you're painting.

Like painting a ball in two different approaches:

1) Linear: where you draw a circle.
    And then you could add a little tone which would give it some dimension, but there's a point where it's still being mostly defined by the line circle you drew.
    This implies volume because skillful line drawings tell our mind how things are and volume is not needed. Your bus sketches are often of this kind. The volume is implied.

vs. the other end of the spectrum where you can define volume through the gradient only and no line (although you could have an edge).

2) Tonal: where you build up the volume based on how the light is creating the light and shadow. At the opposite end from linear, the tonal extreme would be without line but you wouldn't need it because dimension through light and shadow play is put in by the artist. The volume is actually described.

The photo of the original painting is really poor quality and you can't see it well, but I was referring to you describing much of the information through line with some tonal volume. To me that keeps it more in the realm of a drawing (although it's more about 50% linear and 50% tonal).

You can perhaps make out in the original painting there is more anatomical structure created in the nose and around the eye for example. You did a yeoman's job on it though based on a crap original.

But even the original artist was leaning toward the linear. But he just took the detail farther in the key area = the face owing to it being a portrait.

Hope that makes sense. It's all how much you want to go tonal vs. linear. It's a personal choice as the artist. And this is a kick ass painting you done, lad. I was just making an observation.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by D Akey; 07-05-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi Mac tried to sort as you reckkonmended but got confused with layers I may go back and merge them to see what will happen

anyway have a look at this 1 see if its better ok SLAINTE

Name:	David        S.  P         FIN    3.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	76134  

sorry Mac don't no where I'm think this 1 as his arm is a bit further back ok

Name:	David        S.  P         Fin        4.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	76135  

Hi Thought I'd go down on the beach today get a breath of fresh air might even have some Jellied Ells SLAINTE

Name:	Eugene  Boudin.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	76138