Thread: Hello Folks

Gallery
    View images

Hello Folks

Hi,
    really amazed at this software. I only just came across it today, whilst looking for a graphics package to run on my iMac mini, using my very cheap Aldi graphics tablet. For now I will be using the free software, until I can find a way to get hold of the full software (no credit card, or debt for that matter)

My day job, other than being a house husband is engineering CAD, so doing some art will be a nice change :lol: I've wanted to improve my computer art since I got Corel 4!!!, and yes that was new....

I see lots of UK members, big Hi to you all... Right, I'm off to spend the next few days going through this site.
    Joules

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Joules - welcome to the forum!
    I hope you'll enjoy ArtRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    Absolutely love it Andy, I did this as my second attempt at using the software. I will get the full version as soon as I can. Thank you, this is a picture of my daughter... I need to do LOTS of work on faces and shadow. I hope she likes it as I have emailed it too her, she lives with her Mum... Your software brought a tear to my eye... ops:

Joules

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for the high praise, Joules.
    Fantastic pencil sketch - the cloth looks very natural. Particularly the jeans, near the knees.
    The hair is very good as well. I look forward to seeing more of your work!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Gallery
    View images
    hi joules, your daughter will love the picture you've drawn of her its a great one with lots of love that comes throught from the soft way you've scetched it

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Gallery
    View images
    Ahh, thanks Selby.. I've had some really nice comments from people that have seen it. Most don't believe I drew it on a computer, they say it doesn't look like computer art :lol:

I have done the face too woolly, and had a heck of a job getting the nose right (it still isn't!!!). At least I sussed, you don't draw a nose, you imply a nose.... Self portrait next, and I think I bit off more than I can chew, as I like patterned shirts, boy I'll wear a plain shirt next time...

Joules
    Joules

Gallery
    View images
    Hi joules

Welcome to the forum, you made a cool drawing of your daughter, i can't do people yet but hopeing to try soon
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

Gallery