ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Canvas texture choices

Thumbs up Canvas texture choices

Hi, I'm a new member of the forum, an experienced artist in so-called natural media, as well as digital media. I love my iPad even more since I discovered this Art Rage app; it surpasses all of the other art creating apps so far, and I've tried many of them.

One of the selections I miss is the ability to choose a painting surface texture, such as cold pressed watercolor paper, sanded pastel paper, coarse canvas, etc. I'm not complaining, as this app is wonderful! It's amazing to me that bleeding colors together as I love to do in the loose watercolor tradition has been achieved with an iPad app!

Looking forward to what you are able to do next! :-)

Linda/Zoozyq

Welcome to the ArtRage forums Zoozyq,

I don't have an iPad, unfortunately, but after reading your post, I recalled another thread discussing a workaround for this, which may be of use to you for the meantime. You can read about it here:

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=31928
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank you! I'll check it out...

Canvas/Surface Textures

While fiddling with Art Rage on my iPad today I discovered that when I go to the gallery to open a new document I can access a reasonable selection of canvas/paper testures. So I will alter my suggestion in this respect to including this information in the help section. :-)

Choosing a Canvas Type

Canvas:

When creating a new painting ( After clicking the 'new painting' button in the gallery ) you can click on 'presets' ( it has a picture of three canvases above it ) to access the list of canvas presets. After choosing one, you'll be back at the new file dialog with a preview of a stroke on your currently chosen canvas. You can manipulate the roughness, metallicity, colour and grain of the canvas by tapping the appropriate icons at the bottom of the page then click 'Done' when you're finished.