ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Blender tool

Talking Blender tool

I've been using a new iPad painting app called inspire pro. It has a Fantastic blending tool they call the dry brush. This is by far the best blending tool I've used. I really like Artrage with the natural painting tools and layers, but the addition of a blender tool like the dry brush would make art rage unbeatable.

One other feature that really works in inspire is the color selection tool, their version of the eye dropper. When the cursor is placed on an area of the canvas and is held there for about 2 seconds the color selector appears at the cursor. Then you need only to move your finger to the color of interest.

Last addition would be a visible cross hairs at the current cursor position. This just makes sense to have this as an option.

Keep up the good work with Artrage, now that I have the iPad version, I'm thinking of picking up the pro version for the Mac.

Have you looked at the wet blender options of the palette knife?
    ArtRage has five blending options with the palette knife. The first two - flat and edge - work more like a traditional paint-smearing knife. The last three are more 'digital' blending options. The 'soft' option works as a smearing tool. The 'Blur' option will smooth out noisy areas. The 'Wet' option can give very many blending effects.

Regarding colour sampling - we're looking at some options for an upcoming update to ArtRage for the iPad.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

If you take down the Loading property of the Oil Brush to 0% you also get a dry brush - A brush that doesn't apply any paint but will blend together paint that is already on the canvas. This brush tracks how much physical paint is on the canvas so blending will spread out the volume and thin it down like real oils.

Click and hold is used in ArtRage for tools that spray over time (like the airbrush), so it won't be used for color sampling, but we are implementing some ways to sample color other than the current tap-drag from the color pod.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Hi Mattrage, Andyrage.

Are there any tuts available on these blending techniques?? I've tried what you describe above but i'm not really happy with the results so a bit of help is probably required.

Found tuts section.