ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Getting No Pressure Sensitivity

Getting No Pressure Sensitivity

Got what seems like a weird problem. I'm running Windows XP SP3 and I'm using a Wacom Bamboo tablet.

When I'm in ArtRage, none of the brushes react to varying pressure. I've tried every brush/tool. I also tried going into the driver options and turning sensitivity up, and still nothing. I even tried turning it down just for the sake of trying everything! I've tried Photoshop and Corel Painter 11, and they both acting normal with pressure sensitivity working. Any ideas? I'm all out.

This is really bothering me, cause I think if I could fix this one little thing, this program will beat even Painter 11 when I'm going for a traditional media look. The way the oils act and mix is just amazing...even the way the palette knife smooths out the bristle details and the way the color trails off. Seriously, great work. Can tell this was made by people that actually enjoy their jobs.

Also, just tried disabling Ink Services and Precise Tablet. Still nothin.

Could I check that you have updated to the latest version of the Wacom drivers? If you uninstall the existing drivers (opting to remove any custom application profiles), restart, then install the latest version that may help.

The results of Pressure in ArtRage vary from tool to tool. The easiest one to use for testing would probably be the inking pen. If you make sure the Pressure setting in the pen is set to 50% (which applies no adjustment to the pressure coming in from the tablet) and do a stroke, that may show up more of a variation.

Otherwise, if you could get in touch with us at support@artrage.com we can get some specific information on your setup and see if we can help. There are a number of different combinations of hardware and drivers that interact differently with the application and we should be able to find a solution.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks for the reply! BUT, I just fixed it, like 2 minutes ago. Have no idea what caused it, and it's really bugging me, but all I had to do to fix it was uninstall, then reinstall on my second hard drive. But it's weird, because it's not like the pressure was working and then quit, it didn't work the very first time I ran the program. Oh well, all's well that ends well. And ArtRage with pressure sensitivity is now more fun than Corel Painter...which is saying a lot!

Thanks again for replying and offering help. Keep up the great work!

For some reason the wacom drivers screw up sometimes, after a reboot it works again...