ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scarlet Johnson - 2nd try and 3rd quick version

Scarlet Johnson - 2nd try and 3rd quick version

Since some competent friends in here and myself concurred on the fact that Mrs. Johnson is not that easy for a caricature and the first one didn't grasp sufficiently her features, I quickly made a second try from a different perspective and I did after a quick review and without a reference aside, lo leave my mind drive me through without the spell of her charm. This time I used crayons which fit me better due to a longer practice.
    This is the result then which, although with a worse artistic flavour and a poorer finishing, seems to me to better capture a likeness with this lady who, looking at her different pictures, is very mutable indeed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScarletJohson2ndChance.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	48676  
    Last edited by Caesar; 10-01-2010 at 03:31 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

For me it looks as though something compelled you (I'm sure against your will,,,) to exaggerate....otherwise Cool!
    Last edited by wenkat; 09-29-2010 at 08:01 AM.
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Caesar, this one turned out a bit better. Both are fine, but here you seem to have captured the essence. Nicely done!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

She looks good Cesare and quite different from your 1st one.
    Also I like your skin tone on this one better
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Do not know the lady... but it is very nicely done, Caesare.

Dear Caesar,
    Must admit that I also am not familiar with who Scarlet Johnson is
    but the portrait is vibrant and quite attractive. If only I had lips
    that were that sizzling!
    Mairzie Dotes

Dear Wenkat, I promise I won't exaggerate next time charming ladies features. Enough for the moment with such a sacrilege! Thank You!

Dear Scott, I probably did and could possibly do even better now that I sort of stored her in my mind modeling chip , but I'd stop it here ... Thank You!

She looks healthier after a nice sea holiday, dear Amanda. Thank You!

What a nice compliment, dear Sandra! Thank You!

I don't know her neither, personally I mean, ....unfortunately, dear Anna, .... since she seems to be also a quite likeable person too.

... then You would have problems enjoying icecreams, dear Mair, and You would need a bigger napkin to wipe them after a meal! Anyway today's surgery makes such miracles today that making recourse to a plastic surgeon You wouldn't need to know anymore where Your safety vest is on an aircraft! Thank You!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very different approach. I see you still just painted the head. The first one keeps more of her beauty. But this one is much more exaggerated than the first and makes it more funny. Well done mate. Great one !!

I stretched her face wider in artrage and added some eyebrow liner, mascara and a beauty mark. I think this may help you with the 3rd version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scarlett.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	197.2 KB 
ID:	48722