ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking

Alexandra,
    Words often are inadequate when something really connects as
    "Looking" does. There is a passionate symbolism reflected
    in the eyes of this blue eyed dreamer. Imagination and glorious
    artistry has created a vision, a reality on canvas expressed with
    vibrant palette, poetic theme and soft impressions.
    Mairzie Dotes

Very imaginative composition requiring an outstanding fantasy capability, dear Sandra!
    It makes me think that You feel sometimes alien in the world where You live which can often be a queer and strange place, inhabited by somehow odd people and confronted, sometimes, with quite unfriendly situations and guys ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

MaryAnn, Thanks so much for such a lovely and poetic comment, very much appreciated!

Cesare, Thank you for your kind comment. And a big AND there...on the profile-maybe you hit on something there. I think being a child of a military service dad, traveling from place to place in my formative years can make one feel as an alien of sorts. Having a touch of a southern accent because I have lived here for so long, but never totally of the dialect here-I am asked-where are you from?
    Just to add a bit of a not so funny-funny story-a man that was replacing my heating unit once did not return to finish the job. I asked him when he was coming back, that fall was near, and he said to me: "What is your hurry, you are a yankee aren't you?" Meaning I was from the north and didn't mind the cold so much. I answered quickly with a few better business bureau threats, but was taken none the less and had to lose a bit of money before having to hire another repairman to finish the job. This has been rare here though I must add, as I have neighbors from Heaven, and have known many honest and kind people in business here.
    Strangely though, on a personal note, it is still difficult after all these years to call a place home.
    Last edited by Alexandra; 08-14-2010 at 02:50 AM. Reason: typo

What a masterpiece you've painted to show her anxiety bundled with curious expectation.only with her eyes! Marvellous!
    The artist is the lover of Nature, therefore he is her slave and her master. - Rabindranth Tagore

Well, it seems obvious to me who this is.
    She is clearly a descendant of an exploration group from the planet Jowillie, sent to earth many years ago.
    Their spacecraft was fatally damaged in the landing on this uncharted south seas island, trapping them on the planet Earth forever.
    Rumor has it, that this isle was also inhabited by the survivors of the H.M.S. Bounty mutiny, and the two
    groups became one over the years.
    Assuming this rumor is true, then this beautiful lady is the product of those unions.

Great job on this Sandy!
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Wenkat, Thanks so very much for your generous comment. I am so happy that you liked it. Makes my day! I was working on this one a little bit last night and when I hit save, the program crashed, and then I couldn't open it back up again. I had the message damaged file. I had had another painting with the same name-so I think this did it. Anyway, I imported it back into the program and erased around her head. I lost a little detail in her skin, but I was happy that I could save her. The background I made this morning.

Mike, Haha, I like that-cute story! Thanks my friend.

This is quite a visual feast that can be left wide-open for interpretation. I bet it evokes different emotions and symbolized something different to everyone that views it. Well done!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Wonderful work dear Sandra
    Treat Others as you wish to be treated

http://mannafig.deviantart.com/

Alexandra, that's cool. You found a style of painting. I'm sure you will produce other brilliant works like this. It is simply beautiful. Congratulations.