ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubins

Rubins

women's head by Rubins either Rubins or Mucha took the easy one first?

starter for ten 1st Question
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rubens==============.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	46647  

Dear Eighty+, it looks far more like the immense baroque master Peter Paul Rubens style than a more recent and less outstanding Mucha ...
    The former was a Flemish diplomat and painter who came stayed very much in Italy where he was profoundly influenced by the Italian masterpieces and, in particular, the Venitian painting school and its greatest masters, especially Tintoretto and Veronese.
    I'm eager to see how Your talent will delightfully re-elaborate such a Baroque age painting ...

Name:	rubens_honeysuckle[1].jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	111.8 KB 
ID:	46650  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Caesar; 07-19-2010 at 11:11 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

thanks Caesar for those two the big one what a fantastic painting took me 15 mins just looking, , to copy that I'd have to do it piecemeal the oringenal must be full size and i don't now how to work useing the layer's

hi been looking at everybody's work today so only 5mins drawing Caesar when I said Rubins or Mucha I meant whose should I do first I chose Rubins because Mucha's drawing are more detailed i think it was his drawing that made women into icons for flogging car's and stuff as they are so buiteful u should know that?? ok --------------E/S

Name:	Rubins no2=====================.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	46669  

... are You kidding? If Mucha drawings are more detailed, have a look to these Rubens' study drawings in here below site ....
    Should You have problems to get them I may attach some examples ...
    Enjoy, dear friend!

http://www.google.com/images?rls=DVX...ed=0CC0QsAQwAA

thanks for that Caesar realy good but I would rather copy a Rubins which u have given me a stack of then a Mucha just look at the four seasons , the four jewels, the four flower's I don't think u find many copy's of his work u may get some now with these new gadgets we'er useing but we will see that's another hour gone with no drawing

Dear Eighty+, a possible explanation the most copied or re-elaborated masters are generally the greatest one and the most interesting and original compositions. Mucha, as good as he was, isn't considered so, I'm afraid ... very elegant, I like him, but probably a little boring and not that powerful and classical to be re-worked, as Fancis Bacon did with a Titien portrait, for instance, or Picasso with Manet ...
    Herebelow I would attach some Rubens' drawings where he, in at least two cases, copied two of the most famous masterpieces, Anghiari Battle and Laocoon. He made drawings from the greatest Italian masters when he was, quite a long time, in Italy, just as You do with artrage now.
    For a better comparison, I changed Mucha four seasons to black and white and the graphical part are just the darker lines. The other tones are paint and the frame is a mix of geometrical drawings and some floreal motives he made using some technical drawing tools too and getting a stencil he repeated. If I had a larger picture of the four seasons I could show on a part of it how easier is drawing those figures, practically just the contours ...
    Obviously there are many cases of geometrical figures where tricks and tools are far better than bare hands (and they were well known also before the computers), but it measure the real drawing ability.
    I hope this little dispute was interesting to You. My older son loves Keith Haring (and I like him too), but I easily showed him, with Artrage, that he's pretty easy to reproduce, so his value is not in his graphical skills ... Some masters do naturally had most or all kind of skills, as it was the case of Rubens ...

Name:	Rubens drawings.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	171.0 KB 
ID:	46686  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

your like a dog with a bone just won't let go yes its a good point u made I'm still trying to bat but your a blood good spin bowler look's if I'm out for a duck by the way who's keith Haring???

I've bunged some colour on Clara Rubins ok

Name:	Rubins no3=====================.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	46688  

You're performing great! Here's Keith ... http://www.google.com/search?hl=it&s...+harin&gs_rfai=

Caesar go to cricteques 14 year italian girl black rose translate ok