ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gone Fishin' (Updated 7-20-10, Page 2)

Gone Fishin' (Updated 7-20-10, Page 2)

Hi everyone! It has been quite a while since I have posted (or painted) anything. Summer is in full throttle in my life and between my family and my work (and my computer still being down), I have had little free time to sit down and paint anything. What little time I have had has been spent heading out with my kids to our favorite fishin' hole in search of the one that always seems to elude us.

Hopefully things will wind down soon and I will hit the paints again. I had some time today and painted this. I used a photo reference (I will post the photo I used on my blog)of my son on one of our fishing trips. Wanted to keep it loose and painterly with an interesting palette.

Thanks for checking it out and I hope to be posting and commenting more soon.

Take care,
    Eddie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gone Fishin copy.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	372.6 KB 
ID:	46638  
    Last edited by Sketchism71; 07-21-2010 at 05:01 AM.
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

I'd say you should try this style more often. Mastered in one!

Have to agree with the Doc Eddie -- loose fits you perfectly! Good to see you posting!

Hi Eddie, I love fishing paintings simple because I love fishing but, hardly do it anymore, something I hope to change soon. I was once told by an old wise fisherman, " You forget about everything when you fish, it's a good cleansing for the mind and soul." Great that you took time to fish with your son, something he will definetly pass on to his children.
    Great palette and comp..................TJ

I think you've channeled my childhood in Arkansas! Excellent!
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

A winning and a happy painting Eddie. Brings back fond memories for me. It is so nice to see you again!

In my opinion, this is a very good picture - a delicate and full of light. You have a "hand." My appreciation.
    Sorry for my English - it is not my native language.

Excellent!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

This is very relaxing painting. You depicted the fisherman quite anxious to catch fish, look at the long steps he is taking, very nice indeed.!

hi lovely pastime used to enjoy it with the wife and kids the only thing that anoyed me was when a bloody great sea trout come up out of the water and larfed if only i had a club I like yer painting style 1 that I've never been bold enothe too try