ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ArtRage 3.0.7 error message

ArtRage 3.0.7 error message

When I start up ArtRage Pro I get this message:
    An error occurred attempting to create an object.
    A requested panel could not be constructed, you may need to restart the application.

The only thing missing is the local color palette which I use. I can load it by using the drop down menu. All else is ok and it doesn't seem to require restarting.

This happens each and every time I open the program. Should I reinstall? Or ignore?

thanks, Marcia

Hi Marcia,

If you're on OS X, this could be caused by a permissions problem. Use disk utility to do a permissions check and repair and see if that helps.

Otherwise, reinstalling ArtRage should rule out the possibility of a damaged or missing file. If you don't have the installer you can download it via the Member Area at http://members.artrage.com

If the suggestions above don't help, please let us know what operating system you're using, and how you're launching ArtRage, and we should be able to help further from there.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Still have the prolem

I am using Mac OS X Snow Leopard. I did a permission repair but that didn't help. Before I re-install, should I save any custom presets to a folder outside the ArtRage user folder so I don't loose them?

Thanks again,
    Marcia

When you uninstall ArtRage ( drag the ArtRage application to the trash ), your user settings and custom content are unaffected if you've added custom presets to the ArtRage User folder, as this folder exists in your User Library.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thank you

very much, Dave.
    Marcia

Same Message

Today I uninstalled ArtRage 3.0.7 by dragging it into my trash can. I downloaded a fresh version and followed the directions for installing. When it opens I still get the same message I did before. Do you have any idea what I might need to do to make it operate correctly?

Thanks
    Marcia

First up, if you delete the ArtRage Preferences File we can see if that's causing a problem. The easiest way to do that is to start the application and go to the Edit menu's Preferences item. In the Preferences Panel, use the menu button at the top right and select Reset Preferences to Default, then click OK and restart ArtRage.

If you still get the error, could you try starting the application, not selecting your custom colour picker, and restarting to see if that also has a problem?

If that doesn't help we can get some more specific details from you and see if we can track it down.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Preferences

Resetting the preferences stopped the error message but the Color Sample still comes up blank. Before, when it opened in the previous color sample setting was loaded. That is not a big problem because I can just load it each time. It was nice the other way though.

Thanks
    Marcia

Glad to hear the error has stopped. When you say the color sample is blank do you mean the Global color samples in the samples panel? If you load a color set in to the global samples they should persist between sessions. If they do not, could you let me know if any other settings such as your selected tool and selected colour persist between sessions?
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

I was loading in the local color sample rather than the global. It works fine now. Thanks for all the help.
    Marcia