Thread: A Beginner

Gallery
    View images

A Beginner

I am new to artrage and these are a few of the paintings I created. These are done with a mouse. Please comment!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	midtown_161.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	3991  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	light_and_darkness_656.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	3992  

Gallery
    View images
    Alright alright! Cool.

Love number one. Might want to add a some streaky indications of detail here and there just to sharpen it up a bit. Sharpen the edge of a building or a cast shadow on the ground to establish some plains. Add windows perhaps, a few trees, cars. street lights. . . test it on a layer so you can feel free to experiment and not worry about blowing it.

And perhaps look up the British artist Turner if you're interested in less defined compositons. In that case forget what I suggested. He's really a classic watercolorist and has influenced many very good artists.

Number two does not seem luminous. The light source is darker than the environment and it becomes a representation of the idea of a lit candle, rather than a real one.

Good first go! Keep up the good work and have fun.

Gallery
    View images
    D Akey, thanks so much for your comments. I see what you mean about the details - frankly, I was worried about messing up what I had because my mouse has a jittery ball. Gives me all the more reason to put down $20 and buy the full version, so that I can use layers!