ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My older son (improved)

My older son (improved)

Not that easy with pencils ... and my usual randomly defective pen ...
    One layer and small size.
    From a picture of a couple of years ago slightly "aged" almost to now.
    No tracing, no colour picking though ...

Using the mouse and the pen working slightly better, I improved it a little and increased the likeness (also according to his mom protests)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Emanuele.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	45839  
    Last edited by Caesar; 06-19-2010 at 01:21 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Dear Caesar, What a handsome young man!! love the loose touch of the drawing, and all the colors which am sure comes from the brilliant Itallian sun, has the look of real oil chalks, very nice!

Now he looks a right proper young rogue. Bet he's quite popular.

Handsome young man, Caesare. He's got deep waters standing in his soul...i like what i see in his face and you drawn it so expertly. I wish people would draw more. When all turnes out right, there's such an harvest of satisfaction always waiting...i think better and sweeter then cinzano..

Very nice pencil work Caesar,once again showing your skills!

Dear Caesar,
    What a strikingly attractive portrait, in particular that energetic,
    captivating and lovable expression. He is so full of life and those
    twinkling eyes and bewitchingly impish smile, what's not to love
    here. Extremely well painted!
    Mairzie Dotes

Caesar - Your son is indeed a fine looking young man.
    You have done a great job with this.
    My Gallery:

http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/2939
    Deviant Art Gallery:

Wonderful portrait Cesare and what a glint he has in his eye. Well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

You're completely right, dear Lee, especially that the Mediterranean sun effect impacted on colors (and tan), since it was from a summer holiday picture of two years ago I "updated" to look grown as he is now ... Thank You!

Believe me, dear Doc, apart from my son's beauty (any father would see alike, but I have also some objective indications), times are quite different now from what used to be at my youth times, so he doesn't need to be that rogue to be "successful". He should rather be careful because girls tend to be not that shy anymore and grow faster (also in malice)...
    Thank You!

Dear Anna, You have a deep insight and wisdom! Thank You! I told You that my older boy wasn't that bad either ...

... especially against my stumbling pen, dear SCP... thank You!

Dear Mair, at least I've got a good masculine model to draw and paint in few years, even if he's probably not vain enough to accept such a role (certainly no more in a nked version in front of me; a pity for his fans).
    Thank you.

Thank You, dear Barnburner! Actually color pencils (just as chalk and pastels) don't mix that simply as other tools, but I tamed them enough!

Well, dear Alexandra, I should say that my contribution is considerable, but, fortunately for him, discreet enough to have her mom's and other nice relatives we both have, to show evidently, especially in several captivating details ...
    Thank You!

Dear Katie, that's exactly where he's almost perfectly alike (I should amend slightly his mouth, even if his smiling expression is practically that one). He's got a slightly darker and smaller blue eyes than his brother (stunning in many ways). Emanuele's eyes are normally an intense blue (jeans) tone out of enlightened areas, but they do shine and, under the sun and on the beach and in the sea, they may change to an incredible range of blues and greens with even, occasionally, spots of honey yellow.
    Thank You!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!