ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hesitation in 3.07

Hesitation in 3.07

I am seeing hesitation with brushes and selectors, like the magic wand..what happens is that I begin making a selection, or begin to draw, and it's like AR has to think about it for a moment before it actually begins following the stylus tip.

anybody else?

archer

Can you let us know:

1/ Whether it happens with all tools, and an example of a tool and settings used when seeing the problem e.g. Selection tool, any size selection, any mode / oil brush, 50% size, default settings.

2/ Operating system and system specs ( processor, RAM )

3/ Input device e.g. mouse of if tablet, make and model of tablet

4/ If using a tablet, whether you have the latest version of the tablet drivers installed from the manufacturer's website.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Quote Originally Posted by DaveRage View Post
    Can you let us know:

1/ Whether it happens with all tools, and an example of a tool and settings used when seeing the problem e.g. Selection tool, any size selection, any mode / oil brush, 50% size, default settings.

2/ Operating system and system specs ( processor, RAM )

3/ Input device e.g. mouse of if tablet, make and model of tablet

4/ If using a tablet, whether you have the latest version of the tablet drivers installed from the manufacturer's website.
    ++++

oil brush 29% pressure, 8% thin, 70% load 11% size

OS X 10.6.3 v1.1

RAM: 6gb

wacom bamboo fun, latest driver.

Those specs all sound fine. We're going to have to go in some specific troubleshooting so could you email support@artrage.com and we'll check some stuff directly with you. When you email, could you include the speed of the processor in your machine as well.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

is there something I should be doing in the meantime?

archer

I don't know if this applies to you or not, but when I switched over to the newest version, I had some hesitation in the pen which would give me almost like a stutter effect making the lines break random-like.

I updated my tablet drivers and recalibrated it and it seems to have fixed it. Perhaps that might help you as well?

can you expand a bit please on how you re-calibrated your tablet?

do you mean that you just fiddled a bit with the settings, or is there something more intense than that.

thanks!

I'll also make sure that I have THE latest driver for my wacom.

archer

There's a function in Windows that allows you to calibrate the tablet to work with your system.

Wacom is what I use too, the Pen and Touch Bamboo, and I know that there was a calibration function in the software that came with mine, but my Windows 7 had it's own so I didn't install the software that came with this time around.

In Windows 7, I go to the search and type in "Calibrate Pen" and it usually comes up with three options, one being calibrate the screen for pen and touch. That opens up the tablet PC settings window. On there was a button for calibration. You go to a white screen and follow the directions it asks you to use the pen in different ways to help calibrate it.

Unfortunately, I don't remember how the Wacom software did it or how to do it with older versions of Windows. 7 has been so easy to use, I've never went back to the older versions.

Sorry if I've been more trouble than helpful.

Please! you have been more help than trouble.

I'm a mac OS X user...maybe I'll just re-adjust the sliders a bit, but I don't recall seeing any function or tool like the one you describe in Windows...

thank you!

rc

Good luck! I noticed the OS right after I posted. I have no experience with Mac stuff at all, unfortunately.

The screen that calibrates (inside of Windows) asked me to tap with my pen in several spots where ever it puts an X and then ends with me touching the four corners.

I hope you can get it straightened out. I know I was frazzled when I started seeing the weirdness. If not for my husband (who's really good at technical PC stuff) and his suggestions, I would have been out here shortly after seeing it.
    Last edited by MJSparks; 05-26-2010 at 09:11 AM.