ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Mac vs. PC Question on Presets Watercolor

Mac vs. PC Question on Presets Watercolor

Hi! my first post here, and what a great forum!

I have a quick question regarding Mac vs PC and the Watercolor Presets. One of my students who is on a Mac and today when we were working with watercolors I noticed she did not have a preset called Watercolor, in the Group Watercolor as I do on PC.

Now it is possible that I inadvertently created a brush preset called Watercolor, but wanted to make sure there is not difference in the two Presets. If there are any Mac users who could tell me if they have a preset called Watercolor on there Watercolor Group that would be great. If you do, then there must be something wrong with her installation.

Thanks so much!

Karen Bonaker
    Digital Art Academy

Hi Karen
    I'm a PC user but thought i'd just let you know that there is no 'Watercolour' preset. This is one that you have created.

Attached is an image of the default PC presets for watercolour.

Note: Your .prs file will cross-platform should you want to share it with your students
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Juz; 04-09-2010 at 10:57 AM.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Thank You :)

Thank you so much, yep , that is what I must have done Thank you so much for your reply.

Kind regard,
    Karen

(EDIT) - Whoops, looks like I took to long to post, lol. You might still find some useful information in here though.

I'm on a PC and I don't have a Preset called "Watercolor" in my Watercolor Group, so I'm not sure if the preset is default (as I would likely have it too, being a PC user). There's a chance someone created the extra preset at some point. If that's the case, the user created preset should appear in the preset folder for the Watercolor tool. To check for the preset, follow these steps (these are illustrated in the attached image, along with the default presets for the Watercolor tool):

1. Click on the Presets pod to open the Preset Panel.
      • Be sure you have the Watercolor tool selected.

2. Click on the menu tab (it's the small square with four horizontal lines on it, at the top right of the Preset Panel).
    3. Select the "Open User Tool Presets Folder" option.

The window that opens will be the folder that all user presets for the Watercolor tool should belong, so if that computer had any additional presets created, you should be able to find them there. If you do find the extra preset there, you should be able to save it and transfer it to the other computer, even though they are different OS.

It should be noted that even though one may exchange presets, there will almost always be a difference in how they react on separate systems. The reasons for this can be anything, like the settings being different for the drawing tablets options, the type of driver being used for the tablet, the type of tablet itself, the wear and tear on the tablet, etc...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waterwhere.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	44030
    Last edited by Someonesane; 04-09-2010 at 11:13 AM.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thank You

Yep, that is what I did and it was one I created inadvertently as I was playing with ArtRage I am sure. Thank you so much for taking the time on this issue.

Many thanks

Karen