ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: intuos4 touch ring problem with brush size in Artrage

intuos4 touch ring problem with brush size in Artrage

I cannot get the touch ring on my Intous4 tablet to change the brush size in Artrage 3 (Studio Pro). It will work in Photoshop. Does Artrage support that function?
    Last edited by kaidog; 04-04-2010 at 02:34 PM.

You have to configure it a little
    The default shortcut in the wacom driver are for Photoshop. Open your tablet properties, add select the tablet, add Artrage to your application list (to have separate settings in photoshop and artrage), then edit your keyboard shortcuts. (Left and right keys for the brush size in artrage).

You should have something like in the screenshot below (except that mine is in french ... ).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have just done that, but still the touch ring is dead to brush size. All other functions of the touch ring work.

If you set the touch ring to create a keystroke you should be able to link it to the brush size. The default keyboard shortcuts for brush size are the left and right arrows.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

The arrows work, but since I am quite new to using a touchpad I don't understand why I can change brush size in Photoshop by rubbing my finger around the touch ring, but in Artrage I have to use the keyboard. It would be more convenient to use the touch ring.

The touch ring sends out messages to the current application, and the Wacom drivers have configured those messages to work with Photoshop, ArtRage uses different messages. This is why they may not work in both products.

To set up your touchring to work with ArtRage, you need to tell it to send the right messages. Tell it to send the left and right keystrokes when the touch ring is used and it will work. As you can see from the screenshot that was posted, each function of the touchring can be set to trigger something. For ArtRage, until this is made the default setting of the tablet driver, you will need to configure it manually. Then you will be able to resize the brush using the ring.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Got it. Thanks!