ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventures of AR to Traditional (UPDATE Tuscany Storm 3-12-10)

Adventures of AR to Traditional (UPDATE Tuscany Storm 3-12-10)

Hi all! I haven't been on much lately but I still make my rounds looking at everybody's newest work. Fantastic stuff lately!

I've been submerged in traditional painting (oil). It has been an interesting challenge to adjust my thought process away from digital (a bit painful at times) but I feel like I'm learning a lot of useful knowledge that will help me improve both digitally and traditionally. My work in AR has actually increased because of this except I am using it to work out color, value and composition issues before my paint hits the canvas. It has been a life saver both in time and money for the transition.

This is a very quick imaginary pear I did tonight using the exact same technique I have been using traditionally. I downloaded the Gouache Extra Fine Quality palette located in a thread done by user Trurl in the Art Supply section of the forum. It is a great traditional palette to work with.

Thanks for checking it out!

P.S. Turpentine and the finish on my wood floors do not get along! Digital has more than one benefit, that's for sure!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScreenHunter_01 Mar. 01 22.34.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	194.3 KB 
ID:	42584  
    Last edited by Sketchism71; 03-12-2010 at 06:49 PM.
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Beautiful pear!!
    Looks fresh!
    Die before I could...

Eddie - that's pretty darn good. You somehow seem to have quite captured the natural media look. It's down right cool - wonderfully painterly.

Your ruminations of your adventures in real paint are fun - they remind me of what now seems quite a while ago, though it wasn't really THAT long ago. Sounds like you are having a lot of fun - except it could be expensive replacing those floors.

Really a nice and painterly piece of work - you should be quite happy with it. Now I want a pear.

Last edited by byroncallas; 03-03-2010 at 07:48 PM. Reason: spellign
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Wonderful Sketch

It certainly ap-pear to be a real pear with a tasty ap-peal so as I would peel it ...
    Very nice indeed and also a useful insight on how You proceed with an AR painting, dear Sketch!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Wonderful looking pear, looks good enough to eat.
    Val
    Valerie

Thanks Everyone for the comments!

More fruit. Worked in ArtRage then painted traditional. AR is perfect for this... I feel armed with knowledge approaching the blank canvas. I was focusing on value and color more than anything on this study so don't laugh to hard! Total painting time about 30 mins.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Sketchism71; 03-03-2010 at 11:21 AM.
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    — Eckhart Tolle

Excellent fruit. It seems to have turrned out very nicely in the nat media version too.
    My real name is Neal Gilbertson, AKA Gilbert Neilson, AKA Jibes.
    I'm a musician too. Please come hear my music at:
    http://www.icompositions.com/artists/jibes

Wow. I fully agree with Byron. The painting with the pear looks like done with with real oils. Fantastic painting. The canvas grain pushes that look even more.
    I have to take a look at the palette you've mentioned.
    That traditional painting is wonderfully done mate. Great !! 30min? Would have needed more time just to wipe all off the colored dabs from the table.