ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: When cheating is ok.

Pennsylvania USA

When cheating is ok.

A friend had been asking me to 'paint' a picture of his new house for months and months. I used to use the old Microsoft paint program to paint over a photo and make it look like a painting but it took me hours to do it. He never got around to sending me a picture of his home either so I cheated. I looked up his home on the public property tax assesment web site, saved the picture of his house, and put it up on my ArtRage program. I thought I would try to get very professional and complicated but I cheated again! I discovered that the palet knife tool pushed the photo of the house around as if it were wet paint! In about ten minutes I changed the look of a photo to a painting, emailed it to them and they loved it! I have attached the original and only picture I did like this so far. Will try to do more and make them a better. Thanks ArtRage!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Houston, Texas, USA
    10 to work it.

SHWEET....I love it.

For any of you artists and budding artists, what techniques do you like for turning a photo to a painting?

I kind of like using, Choose Color from Trace Image, with the Airbrush. But then I endup with circles of color, that can look like blotches, adding an undesirable texture.
    “Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole