ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ink pen "stutters"

ink pen "stutters"

Hello,
    I have the following problem with the Ink Pen tool: when I'm working on a large file (approx. 11,5 x 9 in. at 300dpi), the pen "stutters" when drawing a continuous line. Is this an ArtRage shortcoming, or is there some kind of setting I need to tweak so that it stops doing so? I include a screenshot of the "stuttering" and another one with the current settings I have for my pen.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mikolaj
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Try having a tinker with the 'smoothing' control. It's probably just that at that larger size the stylus is picking up every slight pressure variation and showing it.

Only a suggestion and I'm not sure if it will sort your problem or not. Fingers crossed.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card

Thanks a lot for your input - it seems you're right... Setting the smoothing to something more than 0% kinda sorts it out. Since the smoothing is post-processed, when I set it to, say, 3% I can actually see the "stutters" being smoothed... I set a zero value to smoothing so that the strokes retain a hand-drawn quality, but a setting like 3% doesn't overdo the smoothing and disposes of the "stutters" at the same time. Thanks!

Mikolaj

No probs. You're welcome.
    Glad it seems to have sorted out what you want from it.
    Nick Harris Artwork
    http://nickillus.com

New system as of April 2011
    i5 quad core - Asus P7P55LX
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    8gig DDR3 RAM
    Wacom intuos 3 A5
    Radeon 512mb graphics card