ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parrots in Tropical

Parrots in Tropical

Hi,

Since I am in a warmer climate now, it is appropriate to finish some tropical work. So here is 2 parrots.

When I was growing up in Thailand, we had a green parrot (amongst many other animals)who liked to eat books. His wings were clipped so he could roam around and could fly at certain height. There were a couple occasions that his wings' feather grew faster that it was expected so he flew away, somehow he came back so at the 3rd time, his wings were never clipped again. He stayed with us and me and brother had to be quite careful for he loved eating books, especially the ones with home work. I used the excuse that "The parrot ate my homework" to a teacher one time but got punished!!!

A lot of problems of consistency with this paintings also. Any advice or critiques are very welcome,

Sincerely,
    Jasminek
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What a lovely painting and story go with it, Jasminek! I have a few pics of some parrots that I would like to paint one day. Maybe your painting may jump start me to doing it sooner than later, huh? All the colors you've chosen for your painting just seem to dance on the canvas!

BTW...in 4th grade (mid 60's), I had a nun that taught for many years in Thailand. She was VERY strict but very kind as well. Hopefully, it wasn't her homework that your parrot ate! She was the only nun that I actually had in Catholic school that used the ruler over the knuckles when you misbehaved!!!

This is wonderful and I love the colors.
    Valerie

Love your sense of colour.. beautiful and bold
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

this is really cute. i like the colors
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

Lovely colourful painting Jasmine, well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Wonderful, Jasminek. Love this painting. Great
    There are full of an artistic objects and environment surrounding us. So donít worry to get any idea for painting.....Khalid
    My Gallery : Khalid_ipda
    My Tutorial : How to paint water? How to paint trees? How to paint waterfall?
    My 2nd email:
    khalid_ipda@yahoo.com.my

Love this tropical color and very well painted. Ha..ha. Also love your little story about these parrots. Had they ever ate your homework?

Hi,

Thanks for looking at these parrots. I am turning 60 this year, so when I went to school during the time of grade school was in the 60s, that time was in the 4th grade. Remember it well because I normally didn't get punished eventhough was quite talkative. However, my grades were good, so got away with certain things. To answer Pai, the parrot did chew on part of the home work, had evidence to show the teacher and did the rest of homework. Got punished for not doing the whole thing, it was very lax punishement, had to empty a small trash can, that was all.

In Thailand those days, they did spanked kids, never got that way, but was not a perfect child.

Thanks to you all for the comments.

Jasminek

Beautiful and colorful