ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excerpt from online Children's book-Giraffe

Excerpt from online Children's book-Giraffe

I felt a need to post something lighter after my bleak and scary looking Haiti painting. This is one of a series made to go with "The Story of the Old Man and the Yellow bird", which I hope to have finished one of these days and share it here. In the meantime, here is a recent one of the series. there were a couple of Photoshop filters used: Posterization ( a favorite of mine) and in brushes, "Highlighted Edges". All the rest in AR3.
    You need to get back from the screen for it to gel together, and of course, make it big. Sorry for the border texture--thought I had gotten rid of that--I will try again!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giraffe-3-try-for-web.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	432.8 KB 
ID:	40048  
    Last edited by Rob in Denver; 01-17-2010 at 06:29 AM.
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.

Whoa!!! That is super cool Rob! Amazing work and skill creating an absolute dreamy illustration! Much much more than 10 seconds on this one. More, more!!!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Hey, this is an ace pic. I wouldn't know how to use what you've used here. Is it the gloop brush? You've made the light look really nice.

Thats really neat, great painting.

This is a real, gorgeous, valuable artpiece in my view, dear Rob!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Just as a reference since a few asked how it came about, here is the work before the Photoshop filters--it just seemed to go better with the other things I have drawn for this when filtered in that way. It was drawn mostly with everything I could lay my hands on, and no particular tool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	giraffe-for-web.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	40057  
    "If I could only learn to be humble, I would be so proud." Author Unknown.

I'm not sure which I prefer. I really like the grass on the original. Especially the blue. Take away the light that the filter gives it and it says something entirely different. Nice one for sharing that.

Nicely done, Rob!
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Incredible piece, Rob! That posterization simply electrifies the whole piece! I can easily see why you like it....I do, too! I just love giraffes and that is the one animal that just doesn't seem to get much ado or credence so I am glad you've picked it to be your subject in this beautiful painting. I love the fact you used a whole variety of AR's tools to create this. It only speaks volumes of your talent and creativity!!!

Nice ilustration for the childrens story.