ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello - Question

Hello - Question

Hi everyone. I just upgraded to 3 - and I'm curious - are all the drawings I see in the gallery done using a mouse - or is there a special drawing tool we can purchase to use with this program?

Thanks in advance!

Lori

Lori, the short answer is that the use of a tablet (there are many brands and models, though models in the Wacom line are probably the most highly regarded) with a stylus (pen) vastly improve the creative opportunities and ease of use in most people's experience. I worked only with a mouse for several months. When I finally got my tablet a whole new world of creative opportunities within the same software opened up. I can't imagine not having my tablet now.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 01-14-2010 at 05:25 AM. Reason: spellign
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Thanks for the quick reply. Currently I have 3 on my computer. If I were to buy a tablet - is it possible to download it onto my tablet? I've never worked with one of those before so this is all very new to me. I do not have a disc copy. I just purchased - and did the download right onto my computer. Also - about how much do those tablets run?

Perhaps we're confused about the tablet, (more likely I misunderstood what you said ) A tablet is a usb device you plug into your computer, like your mouse. It actually can replace your mouse if you choose (I don't - I have both on the computer) Your current ArtRage (and usually your other programs) automatically know that you have plugged in the tablet, and you shouldn't have to re-install anything. You can find price info on the net, and choose the one in your price range. Although if your like a lot of us, you'll wish you had bought the "one step better" model too quickly.
    I don't have digital... I don't have diddly squat
    It's not having what you want... it's wanting what you've got

Ah - OK - I understand now - so this is something I could use in addition to my mouse with the computer I have now. Thanks for the information. I will have a look online - and most likely be purchasing one of these in the very near future. Thanks so much for the information

I started with a cheap pen and tablet. I used it and eventually figured out that the wacom tablets were preferred. They have many models but from what I have learned the Intuos tablets that they make are the ones to buy. There is another series but you pay for it because they include a monitor that you draw on.
    I bought a bamboo touch and paint then I found out that the intuos models also included allowing you to tilt the pen like a real pencil and write on the side of it.
    Ther are a lot of discussions on this forum about these tablets and from what I can tell most of the paintings are made using a pen and tablet. It is possible with the mouse but, as they say, it is like paintig with a bar of soap.
    Oh yes, Welcome and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    Ah - OK - I understand now - so this is something I could use in addition to my mouse with the computer I have now. Thanks for the information. I will have a look online - and most likely be purchasing one of these in the very near future. Thanks so much for the information
    Here, if you're new to the concept of tablets this page might help you get started (I really need to rewrite it, but it shows you what there is and go can research from there)

www.squidoo.com/artrage-and-graphics-tablets

short version: get an intuos if you have the money, bamboo otherwise.

here's a net search for you:

trust.com

aiptek.com (was unable to load today, try again later,maybe?)

genius

Wacom
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

WOW - great info here. Thanks so much. I'm gonna be picking one of these up soon

Mouse?? What's a mouse?? I Have been using a Wacom stylus as my input instrument for well over 4 years now.. Who needs a mouse??
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery