ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: AVG Internet Security & ASCPro

AVG Internet Security & ASCPro

Curious to know...
    Are any of you Artrages successfully running

AVG Internet Security &
    Advanced SystemsCare Pro
    http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscarepro.html

simultaneously on your PC's ?

or is this a no no?

Trying to identify problem source with running AR Studio Pro at this end

Cheers

AVG has become a resource hog of late and caused me issues with system load. It sounds like the iobit thing also runs continuously (doing on the fly defrag which isn't the best idea in the world). If you want simple, fast, free defrag that doesn't kill your computer by running continuously, try mydefrag.

My suggestion to you is to disable the iobit thing and add artrage to the list of programs that AVG doesn't scan. Test artrage with iobit off. If you don't get issues, then you know it's the iobit system thing. (likely a conflict of some kind).

You could (and should in my view) try other better free antivirus solutions like avast.

Thank you Spyres.
    Re iobit, Found a setting a while back that turns off its defrag.
    (I use perfect disk, but have locked down its operation times)
    As for AVG, didnt realise one can exclude progs from the scan / maintenance routine.
    Will look into this and the other firewall when time permits.
    Thanks for these suggestions and welcome back to the forum!

It's not just the defrag. Those constantly running "system optimizing" programs can really eat cpu cycles and cause conflict. If you really want to know if it's Iobit causing the issues, you'll need to completely disable it, not just a bit of it.