Thread: AR3 ... Opacity

Gallery
    View images

AR3 ... Opacity

When I paint in Painter, I constantly change my opacity to get softer looks in different parts of the painting. When I check the AR3 manual it only refers to opacity for the airbrush. Not for any other brushes. I am dead in the water as I do not paint harsh heavy colors. I do soft paintings.

Now, that said, I am not very familiar with AR, but I would like that capability. Am I not seeing something. I can't seem to find it, and it may be right in front of me.

HELP!

Sorry for the dumb QUestion.

Gallery
    View images
    In AR3 you can adjust the opacity on a brush using the 'thinners' dial in the 'settings' panel.
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Gallery
    View images
    Yes, I discovered it by accident. What the settings say and what they actually do are different than other programs I use. It sure would be helpful to have that info in the manual. It doesn't discuss that. So, until I learn the way AR does things I will run around looking.

Thank you for the reply.

Gallery
    View images
    Don't forget each layer has an opacity dial as well, so paint your light/soft areas on a separate layers and adjust the opacity to your liking, don't forget about blend modes either, they are a very powerful tool, perhaps try out "soft light" or "pin light" and see how you go, ArtRage is very very deep with it's simple layout it's quite deceiving the power you have at you finger tips to control a simple brush stroke

Welcome to the forums
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    And you can lightly erase them after with pressure down very low ^_^

Gallery
    View images
    Along with the other good suggestions, note that there is and opacity dial in the settings panel for the air brush, the ink pen, the fill tool, and the gloop pen. Opacity can be directly set for the Sticker Spray Gun by adjusting the Alpha setting in the spray variation panel. Coupled with opacity variances through the blend modes, and the layer opacity settings, opacity related variances are rich in AR. A little familiarity will make these methods routine rather quickly and are wonderful approaches for achieving very beautiful, painterly affects.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4