ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next problem. Sore forearms

Gallery
    View images

Next problem. Sore forearms

I had this one worked out before I went into the hospital but it is back.
    About half way up my forearms on the bottom, I get a crease from the edge of my desk where my arm lays.
    If I raise the chair up, my legs will hurt. With the chair down, I get the sore arms.
    Maybe if I raise the chair and use a footstool but, then my legs won't fit under the desk.
    Maybe a cloth taped to the edge of the desk?

Gallery
    View images
    It happened before, It has to do with the dege of the desk pushing in on my forearms for a long time. It has happened with this kind of desk before.
    Years ago when I was in the States, I had a nice big executive desk with a big comfortable chair. Those wouldn't fit here so I must buy local size and adapt my body if possible.
    There is a mouse tablet that a friend has that has a foam cushion on it to rest your arm on that seems to work okay when I am there.

Gallery
    View images
    They sell gel and foam pads for keyboards - that might help?

Gallery
    View images
    I have used pipe insulation from the hardware store for that (among other things) in the past. At some point it stopped bothering me. Not sure why. You can get a really long piece dirt cheap that will last you a while.... Some of it comes with an adhesive strip where it is split, but you may need to reinforce it some way. Depends on your desk and how you rest your wrists i guess.... Those pads you mention might be your best bet. I never liked my hands being that high over the keyboard though. They were kinda cumbersome for me too.

Gallery
    View images
    The hurt place is further up the forearm almost to the elbow. It is where the arm rests on the edge of the desk. The last time it went away when I bought my thin monitor. Then I could rest my arms on the desk when I typed and painted. Cannot figure out why it is different now that I am out of the hospital.
    Maybe old age again.
    The insulation is sort of funny for me though. The temperature here never gets below about 70 degrees so there is no such thing here.
    When we first bought the car I noticed there was not heater. Only an air conditioner.
    Our house has a steep grade with a turn in it up to the garage.I couldn't help thinking about what I would do in the winter when the ice was on the drive to get in and out. Also thought we would get very cold in a car with no Air condition.
    Now I only use a jacket to keep the sun off when I go riding on the motorcycle.

Gallery
    View images
    Can't imagine that.... Must be nice

Guess you have tried moving the keyboard closer to the edge of the desk so your forearms aren't used as much for support? Maybe the soreness from your surgery is causing you to support yourself more with your arms without realizing it. Maybe try adjusting your posture... Short of that, the pads Flynn mentioned sounds like the best bet so far. Maybe someone else has some ideas though

Gallery
    View images
    The change in posture may be the key to this situation. They did make the incision (they don't cut) in the back of my right side so it bends me forward a lot. I really notice it when I stand up. that would put more pressure on my arms when I am sitting down.
    I never thought of that.
    I have moved my keyboard to the edge of the desk and the pen to the rear for now. My forearms are not on the table when I type now and that relieves a lot of it.
    Thanks.

Gallery
    View images
    The motorcycle is parked until the doctor says okay. I think it takes about 30-45 days before he give that permission. Don't even ride the bicycle for now.
    I am doing good to walk. Did walk one time around the corner a day after I got home. Hurt ever since. Now it is getting hard to walk outside. Things should be better after the hurting goes away.

Gallery
    View images
    Hope it helps, Ken. worth a shot i guess

Hehehe... I would just keep the freestyle stunts to a minimum... just don't tell Rose

Gallery
    View images
    Doctor didn't say we couldn't ride our skateboards down the hill though. (didn't ask.)