Thread: tool boxes won't close

Gallery
    View images

tool boxes won't close

i have a weird thing happening with my art age program. i get a few black dots next to the green tab and then when i try to close the drawer it stutters and leaves a partial repeated image of itself. Does anyone know what this is?

Gallery
    View images
    Could you let me know:

- What platform you're using e.g. OSX 10.5.6, Windows Vista Home
    - Which panel/s you are seeing the problem with
    - When the black dots appear. Do you have to do something to make these appear or are they always there?
    - Whether you're using a mouse or a graphics tablet. If a tablet, let me know the make and model.

Ideally, if you could post a screenshot of the problem, that may help. You can post an image by clicking 'Manage attachments' in your reply and adding the screenshot image ( jpg or png images can be added )
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images

Here Goes....

Hi. Thanks for any help you can offer.

I am on OSX 10.5.8. I will try to explain as best I can and I will include the screen shot.
    First, I just got a full laptop lab (MacBook) for my elementary students with ArtRage. The problem is occurring when the kids ore using the program. It hasn't happened to me on my teacher station (MacBook Pro). Naturally when I ask them what the last few strokes or things they did - they can't tell me.

It seems to affect the drawers. When you close them - they leave that stutter repeated image. I just discovered that you can re open the drawer if you click on the inner most green drawer tab. Also the return key does not work to hide all the tools.

We are using the Wacom Pen and Touch Tablet by Wacom. It is the newest version. It first occurred when using the tablet but it persists when I use just the touchpad on the laptop.

When we quit the program and reopen - the problem is still there. I can tell right away, because there is a tiny sort of broken/dotted line on the edge of the drawers. Hopefully it will show up on the screen shot.

Out of 25 computers - it has affected 4 of them!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArtRage Problem.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	257.3 KB 
ID:	37191  

Gallery
    View images
    Could you run Software Update on the machines that have the problem and make sure everything is up to date, including Quicktime (we use some of the Quicktime image functions for processing images, including the interface).

If that doesn't help, when the problem next happens could you try making the application full screen by clicking the small 'window' button next to the 'x' close button on the toolbar at the top of the ArtRage window. Let us know if that fixes the look of the screen.

Could you also let us know if the user accounts running the application have limited permissions, and if they do could you try running the app in an administrator account on the machines to check whether that has the same problem.

Not sure what's causing it, but those steps should help us find out at least.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images

I'll Try

I will try out your suggestions. I just recieved this laptop lab like a month ago - so I would think that everything is up to date.

The full screen mode does not fix the look of the screen.

The students are running the program in the student mode, I will log in and try them in the administrator mode.

I may not get the time to work on it today - so I will write back next week sometime. Life in an elementary school is crazy busy right now before the Winter Break. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your help. My kids are loving this!!!!! Lots have asked their parents for ArtRage as a Christmas gift! Is there a student gallery anywhere on your site?????

Gallery
    View images
    This can sometimes be caused if you manage to select a transparent background colour for behind the canvas.
    This can be solved by deleting your ArtRage.prs file from the application data folder.
    You can also reset all the ArtRage settings by holding down the spacebar while you're starting up ArtRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"