Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron's ArtRage Explorations

Mien. Gott. Byron. This old sod still gets lost. With. layers

Byron your metallic one is really interesting, I like the depth in it. The 30 minute painting has some great spots in it, especially the folds bottom right, and there's a confusing feeling of perspective, so when you go some where else, it's not there.

Yes you are right, looking the Multiverse full screen and standing back make it terrific!

Thanks a bunch.

Sandy, 80, Robyn, Tana: Thanks a bunch. Much appreciated.

Tana & Robyn: Yes, thanks. The Multiverse is designed to be seen large and from a distance. It becomes a completely different image. Likewise, the 30-minute exercise will show considerably more depth and tricky perspective when seen with some a distance. Most of my paintings are designed to visually resolve when seen from a distance. There are often optical effects added to give the paintings multiple dimensionality through illusion. Sometimes it works, other times, well, not so hot - but I try to give it a shot.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

WoW, great work on Multiverse
    I like very much the last also
    Silvia Bandini

Sorry for my english...
    Click for my gallery
    Click for my Blog
    Click for my deviant

Nice and avant garde. One looks like an Escher inspired abstract -- sort of going at midnight to the fabled Blues crossroads and waiting for the Devil. Looking up one road and at the stretch down the other. Stood up by the Devil. Hmmm. . . wait. . .the smell of sulphur and pitch wafting through the air. What's a po' boy to do?

And then the next painting is where you're expecting to meet an angel at the crossroads. Decisions, decisions. . .

Go Byron go!!!!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Byron. Wonderful colours in your abstracts and The Multiverse has beautiful movement and metallic colours

I echoed others as well. I spotted this Multiverse right away and it caught my attention. It's so much big differences when you blow it up and stand far far away to look at it. The feel is totally great. I can see you played in different tools and very delicated work on this one to me. Love it very much this piece. Bravo !

Quote Originally Posted by byroncallas View Post
    Testing in the beta with the new stiff brush settings for the oil brush. It gives effects much like a scratch tool once you get the hang of it.
    Very interesting and looks amazing, great work Byron!

Multiverse looks awesome too !!

Thank you everyone.

Silvia: great to see you here - it's been a while. Thanks for stopping by and for the encouraging thoughts.
    Akey: didn't you see Robert Johnson peeking out at you, his soul in one hand, and his guitar in the other? . As for Escher, he is one of my main inspirations. His attempts to engage the viewer in LOOKING and SEEING from different perspectives is often a goal of a lot of my doodles, more often failed than achieved, but a goal nonetheless. Really, thanks for your comments and recent encouragement.
    Jean: Thanks so much. Much appreciated
    Pai: Thanks for making the effort to blow it up and sit with it a bit. Thanks for making the effort to "get it." . And thanks for the great feedback. And WOW WOW thanks for all the great new work you are posting since your recent and inspired return.
    Scott: If you look close maybe you'll find Crabby trying to claw his way out. (ha ha). I'm so glad to see you are back. I'm much enjoying your monster thread. Top notch winner.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here