Page 27 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron's ArtRage Explorations

Out of Chaos Comes...
    I had to call it something. Hope you enjoy. Comments and commentary welcomed.
    • 100% AR3
    • Airbrush, Ink Pen, Gloop Pen, Tube Paint, Glitter, Custom Made Stickers, Knife, Eraser. No Filters.
    • Visual effects are better observed blowing up full screen and viewing from a distance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Out of Chaos Comes..-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	436.2 KB 
ID:	39375  
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

I know I already commented on this but I like to feed this hungry thread with words! Wonderful work!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

I swear this looks sculpted. (I must learn this!)

Sketch and Doc: Thanks bunches:

Meanwhile:
    My process can result in several versions of an effort. Sometimes it's hard to choose which one is "it". I usually like to settle on one and the rest are filed away as also-rans. But after posting yesterday and then reviewing the alternatives, Rosy and I both felt like maybe we preferred an alternate take and I'm posting it here. The basics are the same but the visual with the sparser, cleaner, simpler background delivers a completely different impact (or at least I think so). So, on second thought, here is an alternate take. Your considerations about the differences would be fun to hear if you care to share them.

Name:	Out of Chaos Comes...Alt-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	440.2 KB 
ID:	39396  

I do prefer the second version, it has a stronger visual impact. I would love to know how you got the 3D effect on the foreground objects. I want to do a composition that looks like it was assembled from old slabs of concrete.

G'Day Mate!
    Wow brilliant works Byron!
    You really keep pushing and exploring the AR tool box, with wonderful Artwork to show for it.
    The "Out of Chaos Comes" is very cool

Scott, thanks, much appreciated. Great to see you back after what has seemed way to long an absence. I've sure as heck missed you.

Doc, thanks a lot for the feedback, and your choice of the two too. As for these 3d effects in objects, Artrage supports this to a degree by having three tools that put out paint with "bump" properties - they look 3d as you apply them. These are the oil brush, tube paint, and glitter. These paints can be further manipulated to produce a wide variety of 3D effects in objects. I have found a good way (there are others) is to mask an area with the select tool that has the shape you want and fill it with one of these paints. For me glitter works best. Then use (believe it or not) the blur blender (any of the blenders will give you interesting results, but the blur blender is great for initial forming for additional work) while containing it in the select area to near magically give it enhanced 3D properties. You can use other tools to do all manner of things to create texture by scratching and digging into the paint. Make a stencil of the object to support further work on the object as follows. Now make a new layer or layers above your construction. Use any of the tools (the airbrush and ink pen are marvelous here) to develop your color and lighting as appropriate to your subject, then merge the layers when you are happy with the results. These constructions can then become objects that you can further manipulate and/or copy and paste using the select and transform tools. The new objects can be further transformed in a variety of ways. I find it fascinating to play with. The words probably don't explain this that clearly and I'm typing on the run. I keep planning to do a tutorial for this, but just haven't gotten to it. Perhaps others have already done so on the tips and tricks forum section. Hope this helps a little bit and thanks for asking.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 01-08-2010 at 01:55 PM.

Thanks, Byron. There is more than enough information there to get me started, though I may holler fror help from time to time. I had also considered piling up tube paint in a stencil, smoothing it with a knife, then doing several duplicate and add with the layers. Thanks again. Off to experiment.

Hey Doc, give a holler whenever.

Two more in the RED SPOT game.

These were two additional ones just to participate in the the Red Spot thread for fun:
    1. Red Spot & RBG: pure red, blue and green for RBG color mixing

2. Real Color Blending + That Damn Red Spot: Experimenting with the real color blending settings and suddenly that damn red spot showed up.
      OPTICAL ILLUSION: if you stand about 6 feet or more from your monitor and stare at the red spot and the yellow circle it sits in you might be rewarded with an optical illusion - what you are looking at may change from one thing to something else. Fun if you're into it.
    100% AR3: Visual affects observed if blown up full screen and viewed at a distance.

People have posted some fun exercises in the Red Spot thread at http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ad.php?t=25801 . Check 'em out.

Name:	The Red Dot In RGB-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	446.8 KB 
ID:	39528   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Real Color Blending + Red Spot-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	439.9 KB 
ID:	39529  
    Last edited by byroncallas; 01-09-2010 at 01:44 PM.