Page 26 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron's ArtRage Explorations

Eileen: Thanks so much. I have surely enjoyed your continued visits and always enthusiastic comments. You always give me occasion to smile. I appreciate a lot your feedback on keeping the thread going. Your thoughts further encourage me to keep it current.

Jasminek:
    Thanks so much for your first visit and warm comments. To your color question,I gather you are referring to the first painting in the thread? It is constructed completely with the gloop pen. It particularly allows for a presentation of rich, bright and vibrant colors blending beautifully and cleanly together. Selecting colors near their "true" color hue on the color pickers with some slight moves left or right to alter luminance and saturation so they are not garish further helps bring a certain brilliance to color in AR. I guess the best approach is just practice with the beautiful range of colors available and, to your point of using only the oil brush, experiment with all the other tools and their various settings. Quickdry settings on some tools, as well as the "faster drying" tools like the ink pen and gloop pen can work wonders to control unwanted blends at butting edges. Experimenting with the various settings will yield results that are instructive. You can then make presets for those settings that will then yield predictable results for future efforts. Hope this helps a little. Again, thanks for your visit and upbeat comments.

Lee: You're great and give me a giggle.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

Hey Hubby,

This is my first day in the forum and I spent half the evening looking at your great thread without having to rush between cooking and watching you paint. This is really cool!!! I'm really loving looking at everyone else's paintings too.
    I think I'm going to love participating in the forum. You know I really mean it, not only because I'm your wifey but because all the paintings that you've shown me of your friends here are all so great.

Hey Wifey.

I'm so happy you are here, but does this mean no more cooking???
    Last edited by byroncallas; 01-05-2010 at 06:41 AM. Reason: spellign

Some Updates

Updating the thread with some additional AR3 work - at least one previously posted to its own thread a few months back.

Titles:
    • #1: Thinking and Dreaming Outside the Box
    • #2: Gloop Pen Sticker Color Study #2 (or something like that)
    • #3: Birthing Chambers
    - All 100% AR3, No filters
    - Designed visual affects best observed when blowing up full screen and viewing from a distance, especially the last of the three paintings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	as60 150dpi-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	452.2 KB 
ID:	39196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Color From Gloop2 Sticker-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	460.5 KB 
ID:	39197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AS058 Birthing Chambers ARUP.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	441.6 KB 
ID:	39198  
    Last edited by byroncallas; 01-05-2010 at 03:11 PM.

Love the last one especially that big psychedelic ball. If I look closely into this big one, I can see the 3D effects like so many small ones combine into one. Then, if I see the whole painting far, I am like inside a cave and into the alice in wonderland. Great one.

Pai, as ever, thanks again. And yes, for sure, with some of the paintings it's a whole different thing when blown up full screen and seen from a distance. It's the only way to see most of them correctly. Thanks for point it out.

Adding: Byron's Shot at Albert's Red Spot
    From the fun challenge thread at: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...096#post258096
    • 100% AR3
    • The texture in the green around the spot is from the JPG compression and is not in the painting - it doesn't belong there. Blow it up and it, happily, disappears.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Albert's Red Spot-Byron's Take-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	282.7 KB 
ID:	39299  

Quote Originally Posted by byroncallas View Post
    Updating the thread with some additional AR3 work - at least one previously posted to its own thread a few months back.

Titles:
    • #1: Thinking and Dreaming Outside the Box
    • #2: Gloop Pen Sticker Color Study #2 (or something like that)
    • #3: Birthing Chambers
    - All 100% AR3, No filters
    - Designed visual affects best observed when blowing up full screen and viewing from a distance, especially the last of the three paintings.
    I believe I have seen the first and third paintings in previous posts but are most worthy of seeing again, and again, and again as is the majority of your work. In fact it is like a fine wine that gets better with age and I usually see something different or have a different take on it when I come back for a second, third or... look.

The second one is another firecracker! The gloop pen doesn't look anything like that when I have tried using it. Very cool Byron!

BTW, you better limit your time in the After Nine section now that Rosy is here...lol!

Talk to you soon my friend!
    "The significance is hiding in the insignificant. Appreciate everything."
    Eckhart Tolle

Er, Byron, your three ball is looking kinda depressed. Must have missed his cue.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

D'Akey: Hey, give him a break. He's had a hard day being surrounded by so much green but not allowed to spend it.

Sketch: Thanks loads for the great comments. (Er, that second part I thought you were, eh, keeping quiet.) LOL.