ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: colorschemer, a great little online colour app

Lightbulb colorschemer, a great little online colour app

I think this might have been mentioned before, but it can't hurt to mention it again, this is a very easy to use Colour Schemer http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html

there is also a free download of a colour picker which will grab the colour of any pixel on your screen, here http://www.colorschemer.com/colorpix_info.php
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Those are very cool.

Your welcome one and all, they help me a great deal when deciding upon colours to use
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

Neat-o!

Thanks Silentman!!!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Just as general information

I bought the actual program a while ago. Initially for a PC, I changed it over to the Mac version. I tell you this because the developer was incredibly responsive and helpful when I did that (I have a TON of loyalty to helpful, responsive developers!). I find the full version extremely helpful to me (may be overkill for some). I also find the colour schemes posted in the forums there to be a lot of fun. What I haven't looked at yet is if I can save a palette that will work in Art Rage (too new to Art Rage, haven't had time yet). I will post if you can because that, of course, would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
    I bought the actual program a while ago. Initially for a PC, I changed it over to the Mac version. I tell you this because the developer was incredibly responsive and helpful when I did that (I have a TON of loyalty to helpful, responsive developers!). I find the full version extremely helpful to me (may be overkill for some). I also find the colour schemes posted in the forums there to be a lot of fun. What I haven't looked at yet is if I can save a palette that will work in Art Rage (too new to Art Rage, haven't had time yet). I will post if you can because that, of course, would be ideal.
    Hi Nevermore,

Anything can be used as a palette in ArtRage. You can sample from any jpeg etc and pick any color(s) from a pre-existing picture. So that means you don't have to work out color schemes. You catalog or search for pics that work to your eye, grab 'em and use 'em. Naturally that would include specifically color groupings that you could output from this program.

So for example, if you liked the palette from a painting by Klimpt, or Whistler or Leonardo or Renoir or Monet, import a jpeg of it as a palette and just pick colors directly from it. Goes for photos too. You get the idea.

I think you'll like ArtRage. 8-) for that feature alone since it sounds like you're really into color.

Check out the "Tips and Tricks" forum for ideas. I did a quick tutorial on how to do it. Easy as pie.
    Last edited by D Akey; 11-05-2009 at 05:05 PM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thanks for the quick tip

and will check out the Technical section. I am still "settling" in to this program. Was a titch unnerved to find everyone on the edge of their seats waiting for Version Three because I just purchased this past weekend but the developers have laid to rest my fears on that point.

I have not seen forums like this since the old PSP days (pre-Corel)-- helpful, interesting, encouraging. Methinks it has to do with people getting behind a "little" program. I do not mean "little" as in lacking in features or not being wonderful, I mean it in the sense of not widely used/known (hope that doesn't start people throwing things at my head. So far, it does not seem like that kind of place

I am not an artist, strictly digital; however, the odd time I would like to ink or watercolour (I didn't know that they weren't in present version so I am pleased that Version 3 is on its way at least for the watercolour--) or "paint" PS (my weapon of choice) simply does not appeal to me the way ArtRage does. Too new to be able to explain why. I have spent hours since the weekend doodling away for no rhyme or reason. Unproductive but extremely pleasant.

Ah, must stop. I am rather famous for rambling on and on and on. In places where I shouldn't. But I am so pleased with program so far, just had to tell somebody!
    Last edited by Nevermore; 11-06-2009 at 02:23 PM.

Say D'Akey is that the one with the little app that Juzz was using to make up the pallets awhile ago ?
    Hardrives - 320Gb main

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22