Thread: Experiencing art

Gallery
    View images

Experiencing art

I have been wandering around the galleries and when I saw Amontilladoag's blue lady (or sprite?) I felt a very physical reaction to it. It started me wondering if I was wierd or if this is something others feel too. Some artwork just grabs me (almost physically). I find the the darker intense paintings do it most for me. Anybody else? Or am I just wierd???
    Last edited by Squirls; 09-28-2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: wrong name

Gallery
    View images
    If you're weird, I'm right there with you. A powerful painting, moving piece of music, touching piece of fiction or poetry, well-acted dramatic scene or even nature's beauty (a sunset) or power (a terrific storm) can all "get to me" in a very real, very emotional and, yes, often very physical way.

And if there's a "cure" for this weirdness, I don't want it!

jb

Gallery
    View images
    I think that is why so many of us have been here for so long. Every once in awhile we get grabbed by something someone has created.

Gallery
    View images
    I got to tell you, that pirate get up there does it for me. Woohoo Bob!
    I love strong colors. Especially red. I don't know if this is relative or not, but when we moved into our house, the woman here loved pale muted colors. For me, this was nauseating. As soon as we were able I painted the walls a deep color called savannah clay. I painted my cabinets almond, and made everything earth tones leaning toward reds. I believe that colors in the right areas do effect a person. In this area, it was perfect. How's this for weird?

Gallery
    View images
    I totally agree with you there, some colours effect my personality a great deal
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirls View Post
    I have been wandering around the galleries and when I saw Amontilladoag's blue lady (or sprite?) I felt a very physical reaction to it. It started me wondering if I was wierd or if this is something others feel too. Some artwork just grabs me (almost physically). I find the the darker intense paintings do it most for me. Anybody else? Or am I just wierd???
    Next time perhaps you could link to the page cause I can't find her gallery page. She's really a very skilled artist who seems to go in for realism. Her avatar, if that's what you're talking about, is of a horse. So I don't get that's very blue. I'm afraid I have no idea what you're referring to.

But art can certainly be stimulating on any number of levels. Having picked that handle, I figure you might like the idea of being considered a bit nutty, hahaha. So sure. You're weird if you like. You're in an art forum. What else is new?
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Gallery
    View images
    Dear Squirls, DAkey put it in a nutshell! don't know what makes one flip over a certain painting or style, something hits you in the face and WALLA!!! your smitten, and it doesn't have to be the same all the time, something simple then something dinamic, just hang around for a while and enjoy,,,

Gallery
    View images
    was it this one?

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...7&d=1252621153

you can always right click on an image and choose copy image location and then paste the link in your post. It doesn't have to be the whole image but agree with D Akey that a link to what you are referencing would be helpful.
    Last edited by screenpainter; 09-29-2009 at 06:26 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    Yes, that was the post. I'm rather new to forums so forgive the ommision (I'll remember how to link now). Alexandra, I know what you mean by colors. I usually find that *grab* in darker earthy colors. As for my handle, my dad used to call me squirrely shirley because I'm, well, a bit squirrely. Though I don't mind being wierd. Better that than a cardboard cutout of a person.