ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first portrait with Artrage.

My first portrait with Artrage.

Hi, guys!
    This is my first work in artrage. Please tell me what do you think.
    I want to print this portrait on canvas, so it's very important for me to hear your opinion.
    Of course everything can be changed.

One more thing.. Do you know what is the algorithm of ArtRage to resize the painting? Does it just make the painting bigger pixelizing the drawing or make some smart transformations like in case of vector graphics preserving the quality of the painting?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	33516  

Looks great in my opinion, nothing against ArtRage, but i would export your artwork as a .psd file into Photoshop, then do the resizing there, Photoshop is made for image manipulation where as ArtRage is the master of painting

Oh and welcome to our forums, i think that's the third one i've come across today, it's great to see so many new members
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Quote Originally Posted by DenDem View Post
    Hi, guys!
    This is my first work in artrage. Please tell me what do you think.
    I want to print this portrait on canvas, so it's very important for me to hear your opinion.
    Of course everything can be changed.

One more thing.. Do you know what is the algorithm of ArtRage to resize the painting? Does it just make the painting bigger pixelizing the drawing or make some smart transformations like in case of vector graphics preserving the quality of the painting?

Thanks.

Welcome to the ArtRage forum DenDem and a very nice first image post.

(EDIT) - I can't find the thread I was looking for. In any case, ArtRage uses raster graphics, so rescaling your image up to much will likely cause pixel artifacts to appear.
    Last edited by Someonesane; 09-26-2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: the thread I linked to vanished.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

DenDem very nice painting.

Someonesane could not access your link

Quote Originally Posted by orianelima View Post
    Someonesane could not access your link
    Thanks Orianelima. Not sure why the link broke and now I can't find the topic...
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thanks for your comments!
    I'm glad you like it.
    This was my first guess about the rescaling, but I decided to ask anyway.
    I think that after the rescaling I can repaint some problematic regions, or just to repaint the whole portrait using the retrace option...

Dear DemDem, Hello,,, very very good portrait! very cool too, love the background also, nice face and effect, good job!

Thank you

That is a great portrait! By all means do a larger one for printing.
    Right now your file uploaded here seems to be about 900 pixels high and 760 some wide. So good for about 3 inches by 2.5 inches printed at 300 dpi. Maybe you have a larger version around for printing.

Yeah, I know.
    I had printed in the past a couple of large canvases, but it was vector graphics...
    This portrait was just a first attempt to work with Artrage. Since I wanted to work smoothly without overloading my poor computer I decided not to go to huge resolutions.... it was a mistake!
    I'll try to resize it and then to do some repainting work ( I don't think it will be too hard) to achieve 300 ppi with some reasonable resolution...

Thank you for your comments.

BTW I still think that the background is not perfect...