ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The July ATC swap sign-up thread - ENTRIES NOW CLOSED!

Gallery
    View images

The July ATC swap sign-up thread - ENTRIES NOW CLOSED!

Well, here goes. Our first sign-up for digital Artist's Trading Cards.

SUBJECT- The Beach. (Any style and interpretation welcome but it must be done totally in ArtRage)

DEADLINE - July 31st. (We'll post them on that day or soon after)

SIZE - Must be 3.5 x 2.5 inches. Preferably vertical format (that's the way most trading card albums display) but horizontal is ok too. You may find it easier to work at say 7x5 or bigger on AR then reduce the size at the end.

LIMITED to 10 artists on a first come first serve basis. If we're not lucky enough to have that many sign up that's not a problem - it just means a smaller edition.

QUALITY - please create and post your images at 300ppi for best print quality.

SIGN or initial your name on the front of your artwork. You'll need a certificate for the back of each ATC showing the title, date and artist's name. I've now posted an example which you're welcome to grab and use.

When you sign up I'll post your names here so we can keep track.

Please post your finished ATC in this thread so that those taking part can download them for printing. Please add your full name and the title of the piece. I'm unsure if we can have a dedicated gallery area so we'll stick to here for now.

I'll be happy to answer any questions or take suggestion for improvements to the scheme!

Contributors:-
    1) Madge
    2) Silentman
    3) Chambersecrets
    4) Irishrose
    5) Juz
    6) Juliediane
    7) Goldie
    8) Cartuneman
    9) Wenkat
    10) Gzairborne
    Last edited by Madge; 07-22-2009 at 08:38 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    I'm in, not absolutely sure of what to do yet, but i'm in, something about painting a 3.5 x 2.5 inch Beach
    Vista Business SP2 - 32 bit
    Hardrives - 320Gb main
    MB - Intel Core 2 CPU@2.4Ghz

Memory
    - 2 Gb
    Graphics Card
    - NVidiaGeForce 8800GT,190.62
    Cuda

Monitor
    - Hewlett Packard 22

AR3 Studio Professional Unleash The Full Power

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Silentman - I've added you to the list.

Here's a certificate of authenticity you are welcome to grab for your own use if you need one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATCbacker.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	30628  

Gallery
    View images
    awesome... im in!! but im new to this and dont know a whole lot about atc.
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Chambersecrets - I'll add you to the list. If you Google the term ATC you'll find loads of info if you want to know more. You may be more familiar with conventional trading cards, aimed at collectors, often about sporting or comic book heroes.

Gallery
    View images
    Hiya Madge,
    Was wondering if its ok to join 'unofficially' ? Mainly as I've just discovered my cats have broken my home scanner/printer in one. But also as there are only 10 places I don't want to hold one of those places and then find out later that I'm unable to commit fully to each job.
    By unofficially I just mean would it be ok to paint the themes I want now and then (sticking to format rules etc) and post them here alongside the 'official' ones? Or am I missing the point of how ATC's are supposed to work somehow ?

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks Rose - re the certificate - it's simply a matter of printing one off for each ATC and adding the artist's details, for posterity. You'll know that non-digital ATCs always have such info on the back, so this is just the same except we add it ourselves. You just cut them out and adhere to the back. It helps to stiffen the ATC too, especially if you print it onto card.
    Of course it won't be signed, which is why I'm asking everyone to 'sign' their work on the front, as with any artwork.
    The certificate is entirely up to you - if you just want to write on the back then there's no ATC police to stop you!

Juz - welcome on board. I'm happy for you to play along. After all, you can save the work and print them off any time you like, when you have a new printer.

Guys - please don't worry about anything. This is entirely informal - just a nice way to 'meet' ArtRagers and share our work.

Gallery
    View images
    I thought I'd post an image of my ATC album for those of you who are new to this. It's a standard trading card collector's album with transparent pocket pages. You'll see that the page on the left shows the reverse of some ATCs with their certificates or written details. Most of these are non-digital ATCs and some can be quite bulky collaged pieces!
    I'm excited to have more digital ones though - I think they're perfect for this way of collecting.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    Sorry Rose - the idea is that we post our work in this thread, at full res, then everyone grabs the image to print out themselves. Saves a lot of time and postage, especially as we are an international community - the beauty of digital! Obviously the down side is that anyone can grab them so if you feel unhappy about that then please say.

If people want to create their own signed certs for their work then please post them with your ATCS in the same post. Otherwise we'll just add each artist's details to a printed cert ourselves.

One way around others grabbing the art is to get everyone to post them on a given day then once we've shared them they can be removed.
    Any thoughts? Remember - this is just a fun thing. I like things to be as easy as possible.
    Last edited by Madge; 07-21-2009 at 03:16 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    Sounds like a plan, now I understand. Thank you for explaining, and you've said it all. So, do we start whenever??
    Please go ahead and create your artwork, but maybe we'll wait till the deadline for posting them here. I'd appreciate your thoughts on that?

Come on ArtRagers - be brave and sign up now!