ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Just purchased ArtRage!

Just purchased ArtRage!

Hi all

New user here, but I just had to say how much I love this program!

I downloaded the demo of Painter IX.5 and ArtRage as I wanted to find a good natural media program after watching Bob Ross doing his thing on YouTube!

I find it amazing how a tiny program like ArtRage beats the crap out of Painter in terms of quality, ease of use, useful features, interface design and speed! Not forgetting quite a bit cheaper too!

I've decided to buy a Wacom Intuos tablet to further enhance this program.

Does anyone know if the widescreen versions of the tablets work with a non-widescreen monitor?

I might well buy a widescreen monitor at some point, and I don't want to have to sell and buy a new Wacom!

Cheers
    Matt

P.S. When I do something worthwile I'll be posting!

Hi Matt. Welcome to the forums.
    You can use a widescreen tablet with a non wide-screen monitor, but you might find it takes you a while to get used to the difference in aspect.
    But you can always re-map the area of the screen to match a sub-portion of the tablet to keep the aspect between the two the same.

By aspect I mean that if you move your hand in a circular motion on the wide-screen tablet, you'd get an oval shape on your display. The Wacom control panel will allow you to re-map the tablet to match the display.

I look forward to seeing what you produce with ArtRage!
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Welcome the the forums Matt

Thanks!

So, for future-proofing you reckon going for the wide-screen would be a good idea?

Also, what is the support for Wacom Intuos3 tablets in ArtRage?

Thanks
    Matt

Currently ArtRage supports pressure on all the tools, and tilt/orientation on a few of the tools. As ArtRage matures we'll likely add more tablet features to more tools. In every case we'll be making sure we're compatible with Wacom.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"