ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Project the third

Project the third

OK, I've been steeling myself for this moment. It's been hectic in work, but I managed to take a few screenshots for this next project.

Flyashy, I decided to take your advice and just try drawing something - to try and improve my poor attempts at proportion and scale that usually result.

First - to deviantart and get a few piccies for reference material and off we go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fantasy1.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	29283  
    Last edited by Bacon41; 06-20-2009 at 02:23 AM.

Hmmm... horribly proportioned person and several goes at correcting before I move on to plan B and use the tracing tool again. I am planning to make this a composite image using different photo references, so it will still be original in a way

Name:	Fantasy2.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	29284  

I found a girl who will be the new rider also on deviantart. A quick bit of resizing and rotating and the image was traced and added in to the existing rider. You will see the reference photo on later screenshots.

Name:	Fantasy3.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	29285  

Background layer added. Looks a bit busy but I'm sure it will be OK (watch this space)

Name:	Fantasy4.JPG 
Views:	74 
Size:	152.9 KB 
ID:	29286  

Shuffle it all around a bit and start painting. I'm determined to avoid using the colour picker and try to go with what I feel may be correct. However, as someone else pointed out in another thread, I have always been a pencil artist and colour always seems to escape me, somehow.

More to follow soon.

Name:	Fantasy5.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	201.9 KB 
ID:	29287  

Gallery
    View images
    Great work so far..I'm looking forward to watching this progress...Well done...

Gallery
    View images
    Very good design and progress so farKeep it going