ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Using pad and stylus with artrage

Indiana, US. On the edge of the great prairie
    Gallery
    View images

Unhappy Using pad and stylus with artrage

I just downloaded and registered Artrage. It looks to be a great tool. I've been using Painter Classic for years but it is failing. I have a wacom pad and stylus I used with PC. Can that be used in this program? If so, how do I add it to the system? Thanks.

irishrose Guest
    MindSinger... if you already have the Wacom installed on your PC, it should automatically start when you bring up AR...

Did you try it out yet?? I used to have Painter Classic a long time ago.. wow, blast from the past. You shouldn't have to play around with any settings, it should just be recognizable... all art programs that accept a touch pad will work.

Gallery
    View images
    It should recognise it!

If it does, you may want to go to Edit>Preferences> Precise mode as that changes the ...bah, trying to remember, amount of sensitivity, from mouse to tablet.

Gallery
    View images

Thanks

Thanks for your imput! I tried to get on here yesterday, but could not access the forum. Don't know why it's working now, but I intend to enjoy it. IrishRose replied immediately but was not able to thank her. I think I must have had the tools on eraser when I tried to use the stylus. Senior moment, there The stylus works great now and responds also to pressure gradient. The only frustration at the moment is having to go off the pad and use a mouse to do some of the 'housekeeping'. I'm used to Painter Classic format and just have to learn how to navigatet this one. Better learn quick as I have a column deadline Monday!
    Thanks again.
    Mindsinger

irishrose Guest
    Mindsinger, so glad you can get online today, and you're welcome, though I didn't really help that much...

I do remember Painter Classic well.. I think it came with the first Wacom tablet that I ever bought... and yes, the interface/layout is different than AR. You will love this layout though, and I'm sure you will be a great part of the community! Glad you're here!

Have a great weekend! Look forward to your paintings!

Gallery
    View images

Glad to be here!

Thank you for giving another reply! I was so frustrated yesterday when I could not come back on. I accessed your profile and thought what a great new friend you would make! We are alike in many ways. I began primarily as a poet, but when the words stopped, became a carver of carousel horses and a novelist. At present I write two columns for the local paper; one all text and the other, a children's column requiring a lot of cartoon and image creations. I believe my webpage url is now available here if you would like to check it out.
    Thanks again,
    Mindsinger

irishrose Guest
    Mindsinger, it's great to have you here. Did you mean me? I guess since there are only two people replying here, maybe you did. I will check out your web link and write me anytime! I am so glad you are here, I love poetry, I love writing, journaling, am more of a weekend painter than anything, and into other crafts. I would love to see your column some time, and your carvings! Isn't it great to have so many things to like (but not great that there is so little time to do them?).. big hug and great day ahead!

Gallery
    View images

Irish Rose

HI,
    Sorry I didn't specify to whom I was writing! It's been a while since I've been part of an online forum, and I'm not the techiest of old ladies! My children's column has not been put online, but most of my Country Roads columns are there. I've considered putting on the children's stories, but just haven't taken the time to get to it. Most of my time now is taken up with the autobiography which at the moment is running 48,000+ words. About 3/4 done, it will probably take most of the summer to finish.
    I tried to put Patches, one of my cartoon characters, up as the pic beside my posts, but I guess it didn't take. I will eventually find my way around. This looks to be a great community and I look forward to many new friends.
    Mindsinger

irishrose Guest
    Hi Mindsinger,

I just looked at your website and it is a pleasure to read your posts... I am glad there is yet another lover of the Lord on our website and I will frequent your website more often to get a dose of what I need

Wow, you are writing your autobiography! That is a wonderful thing and legacy for the future... I applaud you! So you are not only a painter, but a writer as well. I look forward to learning more about you. Have a wonderful day, and to upload a photo I believe it has to be a certain size, it will tell you if it is the right size when you go to upload. I have had to resize many times.

Have a wonderful day!

Rose

Gallery
    View images

The mind becomes like that on which it feeds!

Hello, Rose!
    Yes, I resize a lot as well! I brought the pic down to 100 X 99 I believe, but it doesn't show up as far as I can see. Oh oh, hubby just called and said they're going to shut off the electricity for a bit, so must shut down the computer. Catch you later!