One of the joys of Artrage is its simple intuitive interface especially when compared to other programs such as Corel Painter or Pixarra TwistedBrush.
The more i use Artrage the more i am impressed by its capabilities. However there are things that i would love to see added in future versions.
- More brush controls- ideally i would like to see more brush tips added as at the moment it is restricted to just the one.would love to have a flat brush tip!
- Custom brushes - the ability to make and save custom brushes similar to Photoshop can. Much as i like the stencils function(It was the main reason why i upgraded from the free to Full version of Artrage) I would like to be able to paint with brushes of my own making.
- Would really appreciate a drippy ink pen!!! nothing like it for drawing in the real world so would like that beautiful inconsistant line and dripping ink in Artrage please!
- some kind of wax resist pen tool so that i can paint over it with watery paint and it will reveal the marks beneath.
-Some kind of tool for scratching away paint,,an engravers tool or some kind of abrasive sandpaper.
- Some way of adding glazing effects to oil paint.
- Watercolour paint that spreads out in a natural way. Its this kind of unexpected behaviour of paint that truly adds to the creative process.
also some way of getting an effect like adding salt to watercolour and getting strange dappling of colour.
- A sponge tool for dabbing and building up texture.
- Also PLEASE PLEASE can we have unlimited sizing of tools,especially brush and pen,sometimes 100% just isn't enough! (Kind of like Spinal Tap with their amplifiers that turn up to 11 instead of 10 lol!!!)
- Would REALLY love to have the addition of layer masks to the layers this would definitely add to the efficiency of the workflow.
Using Artrage i have found its capable of producing very subtle effects,recently i've been playing around with pencil and watery paint type sketching. My next area of exploration is with the use of stencils and intergrating Artrage with my Photoshop workflow,I like being able to swap between the two programs taking advantage of each ones strengths.
My only complaint is that i've noticed that when using the airbrush on its largest size(mostly when i'm spraying over stencils) there is a lag in performance.Apart from that Artrage is the smoothest running painting program i've used,it doesn't suck up all the RAM and i've never had it crash on me(Unlike Corel Painter!!)
This is a great program and i wait to see how it develops in the future.