ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first project

My first project

This is my first propper ArtRage project. I bought a wacom a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to do a portrait of Cote De Pablo from N.C.I.S and this is how it's going so far. Any crits/advice greatly appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ziva jpeg.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	28379  
    Last edited by Little Beth; 05-30-2009 at 09:31 AM. Reason: forgot to attatch picture

It's looking pretty cool so far!
    I also just got a wacom, how are you finding it? It feels utterly alien to me at the mo - guess it'll take time to adjust
    Maybe i'll catch fire...

Little Beth looks great so far

JamieB I bought one a few monthes ago. I love it. I does take a little while to get used to though.

Very good start. Is this from a photograph?

I agree about Wacoms. Wouldn't own a computer without one.

I donīt know the person, but you seem to be off to a great start!

New Wacom (or whatever tablet) users: keep working with it. I had a Wacom over 10 years ago and could never get the hang of it. I gave it to my son. I bought an Intuos3 a little over a year ago, and this time around it just seemed natural. Maybe it has something to do with the ease of use of AR.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Looks like your off to a great start...I have a wacom graphire and a intuos-3 and love them both.. I use the graphire the most because it has a thinner pen..I've had them for 5 yrs or so...You'll get used to it..

looks great so far!

about the wacom things: i got a bamboo and the first drawing that i've uploaded is made the same evening i installed everything so i got the hang of it pretty quick:P

Quote Originally Posted by ScottF View Post
    I donīt know the person, but you seem to be off to a great start!

New Wacom (or whatever tablet) users: keep working with it. I had a Wacom over 10 years ago and could never get the hang of it. I gave it to my son. I bought an Intuos3 a little over a year ago, and this time around it just seemed natural. Maybe it has something to do with the ease of use of AR.
    I agree with Scott,I have a Graphite2 from years ago and found it hard going.Then last year got myself a Intuos3 9X12 ,such an amazing difference!! The extra pressure levels and detects angle really adds to what I'm use to when drawing with a pencil.For me I think that and the drawing area size has helped me.Also AR does work well with Wacom
    Little Beth good start and keep going,don't get discouraged about the Tablet,like everyone else has said it does take time.

hey thanks guys, it seemed pretty natural to me almost from go, I just press the buttons on the side sometimes. Not had chance really to work on this piece due to having exams at the moment so its only got this far...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jj.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	28741  

Dear Little Beth,, Hello,, a beautiful girl!!! love the touch of the hair and hand,, great beginning,,, hope your exams came out good!! and have fun here!!!