Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intuos4

Gallery
    View images

Intuos4

is expected to be announced today. There's a (p)review up at ThatPoshGirl's web site:

http://thatposhgirl.com/2009/03/21/f...wacom-intuos4/

Yum. Been waiting for this for aaaaaages.

Gallery
    View images

ArtRage???

Was the Intuos always missing the ArtRage software? -- Maybe it was only with the Graphire/Bamboo?

Gallery
    View images

Intuos 4

I got a pic of it in an email ad this morning.

Looks to me like having that box with the buttons jammed against the left side of the drawing area would be very inconvenient. I would think a persons hand / fingers / pen would be bumping into that all the time.
    My artistic ability is strained to draw stick figures.

I sit here in front of the computer in awe of the talent displayed by the posters in Art Rage.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by justG View Post
    is expected to be announced today. There's a (p)review up at ThatPoshGirl's web site:

http://thatposhgirl.com/2009/03/21/f...wacom-intuos4/

Yum. Been waiting for this for aaaaaages.
    That's quite a positive review from ThatPoshGirl. Makes me want one right away.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4

Gallery
    View images
    I can't believe I did it, but after lusting after an Intuos3 for years and being convinced that they'd announce the 4 on the day I bought it, I bought the 4 just now. Woo!

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by justG View Post
    I can't believe I did it, but after lusting after an Intuos3 for years and being convinced that they'd announce the 4 on the day I bought it, I bought the 4 just now. Woo!
    Lucky you -- I got my 3 about three weeks ago... ah, temptation!
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

Gallery
    View images
    I am also tempted................. Intuos xl................. OMG........... I just might give in................... :OS (I hope!)

@JustG what size did you go for???
    do check my art work out @
    mashalevene.carbonmade.com
    and prints @
    mashalevene.smugmug.com

Gallery
    View images
    I have a 3, and have been using it for 2 1/2 years now.. I have to say, could the 4 be any better than this??
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I have a 3, and have been using it for 2 1/2 years now.. I have to say, could the 4 be any better than this??
    Well, yeah :-)

Six buttons would be an improvement over four. The wheel with four possible meanings... wow! That would be cool if I could have one meaning for changing the tool size, and one for hue, one for lightness, and one for saturation (this would probably require special support from ArtRage). Oddly enough, I never seem to need to zoom in AR! The tools are good enough, I guess, or I don't work small enough... Oh, and the wheel on my Bamboo worked better, I think, than the touch-strip does on the Intuos.

Anyway, for the near term I think I'll change the touch-strip on my 3 to do brush size... hey, it works! Cool. That'll definitely be more useful.

So, yeah, no real excuse...
    WARNING: ArtRage can cause serious loss of time, and excessive smiling! Use with care! Frequently!

“All creativity is an extended form of a joke.” – Alan Kay

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by dial-a-cliche View Post
    @JustG what size did you go for???
    I got the medium size. My 4x5/4x6 tablets have felt too limited for years now and I'd been wanting to upgrade to the 6x11 Intuos3. I use pretty small wrist movements (vs. long, sweeping brush strokes), so I think this size will suit me well. I would get very tired with a larger size, I think, plus it's too expensive (for the use I would get out of it), plus I don't really have the desk space for a larger tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Just about everyone to whom I've spoken says that it doesn't matter, so maybe it's all in my head, but having never used an Intuos3 (so with no frame of reference), I really started to feel the limited pressure sensitivity of my rev1 Graphire and wanted to upgrade partly for that reason. The Graphire has 512 levels of pressure sensitivity, the Intuos3 has 1024, and the Intuos4 has 2048. I think the difference will be noticeable.