ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

View Poll Results: Do you use a mouse or a graphics tablet/tablet pc?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mouse

24 23.76%
  • Tablet/Tablet pc

77 76.24%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mouse or Tablet?

Mouse or Tablet?

Just wondering how many other people use a mouse like me. BTW, how come this is the only place one can post a poll? Because I think my topic would be better suited under general chat.

Mouse for me

I have a small, like 4.5x6inch HyperPen6000U by AIPTEK, its ok, but I never painted with brushes. I am more comfortable with the mouse. But then I have an optical mouse, and it gives me more of a tight feel with the cursor.

If the pen/stylus approached the precision of using a real paint brush I would probably have to use it.

But then I will admit that my Tablet has a crappy driver, so it may be at fault here.
    “Life is a tragedy for those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” Horace Walpole

I use both, but mainly mouse. My pen is wacom cheap-version and it dont work so good, perhaps that is the reason why i use mouse much more. My thought is that when use both then you get best advantage and usability of this program. Mouse has advantage of other and pen other. Mouse can control easy specially when use files operation, layers and so on, and also when paint how i say, big areas to some color or etc. or direct lines, frames, etc. Then i use pen when i want to make small accurace things and sketch and that kind of stuff. Also some paint-tools usability has differencies when use mouse or pen.

An Intuos for me; I raised myself artistically on traditional mediums, and lacked the patience to learn with a mouse. I needed direct input from the familiar, so to speak.

I use a mouse as well.. trackball to be exact, which can be frustrating with digital art done on computer. Maybe if i had a better mouse i could draw and paint better or maybe i need a tablet.. I'm really thinking of getting a tablet though, but not sure if its worth the $229 for the intuos

since many years I don't use mouses a lot : A4 oversize tablet on my main computer and another A4 for my laptop (dreaming about a cintiq)
    I can't imagine drawing with a mouse or my trackball
    My portfolio & other things :
    http://www.cedrictrojani.fr

i use both
    Graham Fisher
    Email: Home cripster99@gmail.com

Homepage: artwheel.org

Mobile: 021-029-75930

Artrage 2.6
    Artrage 3.5
    Artrage 4.04

Wacom Graphire 6x8 Bluetooth
    Win7
    4GB 64bit
    sp2

i started of for a month using a mouse with AR, but i cant do that anymore, it hurts my wrist,
    Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown

Hiya...

I'm very happy with my Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet PC. Can't even IMAGINE using a mouse to paint with! The tablet is pressure sensitive, and behaves just like a brush would. Awesome.

Blue skies
    love
    Roy
    ROY BLUMENTHAL

Visual Facilitator: http://royblumenthal.com/portfolio

ArtRage 3.5.5 and 4.0.4 on:
    Fujitsu T901, Asus R1E

Mostly use a Micrsoft optical mouse but I do have a Wacom Graphire tablet. I prefer the mouse for photo editing and 3D modelling (Wings3D, Vue Esprit) . However the tablet is better for sketching from scratch....