ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: firelight

firelight

The original painting never quite looked the way I wanted it to. It looked sort of over processed. So I figured I'd try something else. I made a stencil out of the painting then air brushed some deep colors. Then I inverted the stencil and sprayed vivid colors around the face.

On my screen, when viewed from different angles, certain highlights show up--kind of like those laser photos.

Oh well. Something different.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Another version

Here's a look at the original. It's not too awlfull.

Yeah. Cool. The information is there, and this shows how far afield one can go with color so long as the values work.

I think that when one really goes far away from natural colors, the color takes on a particular significance, where these seems a meaning to it. I look for what the artist meant by it, whether they meant anything other than they did X and Y was the result. And there is always sitting look at it at face value and waiting for something to pop out to give it a context.

Interesting. Nice work. You have to be the judge if I am anywhere in the ball park with my crit. You may have been merely wondering about how well you did the stencil thing -- in which case, it looks good to me. But others who use that feature more can talk about that.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Original, original

Here's the original that I couldn't stand. I gave up on it.

Not sure how to transform the fake airbrushed look into a more natural skin texture.

Simplify. Edit your tones so there is not so much happening under the nose for example. Find what works best to convey the face -- eyes, mouth and all that.

Doing a head doesn't mean absolutely everything must go in. What's of most importance to you? Find that, and you have a start.

I mean it's always good to try stuff, and put everything in just to see how it works. But the risk is that if you spend a lot of time on something that is not so essential, we are tempted to draw a lot of attention to it to show how much effort we put into that bit.

That doesn't necessarily serve the pic.

You're definitely aware of your process.

You'll do great.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

The original that you could'nt stand , was actually really good in terms of workflow. Al you had to do was : make an even middle tone fleshcolour on the face, and start from that, not from white. from there you can add lighter and darker tones, the outcome will be much better.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK