Here's another one of those little things. Please let me know if this can be done. Otherwise, I'd be grateful if you could consider this for a future enhancement.

A simple way to us one colour in different degrees of brightness from sun to shaddow in artRage is to use the H/S L colour picker, chose the color in H/S (the quarter cake part), then vary the brightness using the vertical slider.

Most paintings will require more colours, but at teh same time, most paintings will require thise brightness variations within the same colour. It would be great if I could pin the H/S selection down.

I found a workaround by choosing H/S (and any L), then add that colour to the colour samples panel. When I re-select the colour from the samples panel, I am back where I once was in the H/S L picker. That's OK, if it wasn't for the fact that this uses a larger user interface. Space is crucial.

In an ideal world and ideal ArtRage, I could right-click the little slider knob in the H/S piece of the cake, and say "Pin" (and "Unpin" of course). Ideally, I could pin all similar knobs, just as a matter consistency.