Thread: Can one run ArtRage from a memory stick?

Gallery
    View images

Can one run ArtRage from a memory stick?

Hiya Folks...

Is it possible to have an installation of ArtRage on a memory stick?

My aim in doing this is to make it easy to run ArtRage on the various machines I'm going to be using on my tv show. It would be great if I can just pop a memory stick in and use the program without hassle.

Any way of doing it?

Blue skies
    love
    Roy
    ROY BLUMENTHAL

Visual Facilitator: http://royblumenthal.com/portfolio

ArtRage 3.5.5 and 4.0.4 on:
    Fujitsu T901, Asus R1E

Gallery
    View images
    (ArtRage Forum owners... please can you set email notification ON by default? The only reason for this response is so I can turn the notification on. Thanks.)
    ROY BLUMENTHAL

Visual Facilitator: http://royblumenthal.com/portfolio

ArtRage 3.5.5 and 4.0.4 on:
    Fujitsu T901, Asus R1E

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Roy,

ArtRage requires the machine to be authorised for use ( by entering your registration key ). While it may be possible to run ArtRage from a memory stick and do this the first time it launches, you will then end up with your reg key on multiple machines, which increases the chance of the key being flagged as invalid, especially if someone else installs ArtRage on those machines at a later date.

The advantage of installing ArtRage, then uninstalling it when you're done, is that this will remove the key from the machine.

Regarding email notification, you can choose your subscription options in the user control panel 'Default thread subscription mode' 'Instant email notification' or 'daily email notification' etc. This will automatically subscribe you to threads you create / reply to.

We have this option off by default as we prefer allowing users to opt in rather than need to opt out of receiving messages from the forums ( especially if they find themselves unsure how to turn it off ), but let me know if I've misunderstood.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design