ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: working with a mouse

working with a mouse

I really hope I didn't overlook the answer..my question is that my mouse makes it hard for me to manuver the brush or whatever tool I am using..very new at this..is there anything I can buy to use inplace of my mouse when I work on a project.

Graphics tablet.
    Prices, brands and sizes depends on what you need/can afford.
    Wacom use to have lots of fans and good reports.
    I have a wacom bamboo fun, I have not complains about it.

Any wacom tablet, they can be bought cheaper on ebay.
    Secret to happiness? Get yourself a hobby!
    Visit my Gallery!

I use Trust Wireless tablet. Model TB-3100.
    The trust doesn't publicize very its products, but it's good.
    The wacoom is very diffused, but the trust is not badly.
    The brand Trust is very economic and perfect to use for beginners.

tablet model Wide Screen Design Tablet TB-7300 is very cool!
    Big, high quality wide screen (30,5 x 19,5 cm) tablet with 2 wheel pads for picture editing and other graphic applications. Ergonomic wireless 2 button pen with 1024 step pressure sensitivity and 60° tilt sensitivity
    //
    Stefano Fiore - Rome/Italy (Misterpaint)
    // Tablet Wacom Intuos 4 Medium- XP SP3
    // My Portfolio: http://www.stefanofiorearte.com
    // 3D Art Gallery for all artists (my web project) http://www.grifioartgallery.com

Re: Working with a mouse

I use a mouse, I had trouble (conceptually) with a wacom tablet so I went back to a mouse. I use a Mouserug instead of a traditional mousepad, it is like a mini carpet that I can apply pressure to and cause more drag which gives me better control.
    “Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

@lew

How long did you try the tablett.... tablet is far more better than a mouse. I believe that you just left the tablett too early!
    I remember that day i got my wacom, and my first toughts were: S*** what have i bought! Today i couln't live without

So maybe try again...

greez
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2

I too started out on a trust tablet. Now I have a wacom Intuos 3.
    If you buy a tablet go for what you can afford, but look for pressure sensitivity and tilt sensitivity.
    You'll love it.
    Just say: "Rage It", because we already know it's art.

My ArtRage 3 and 4 Gallery------My Site ------- BROWSE MY BOOK

Using a Mouse

It is really a bit strange, I am left handed but use my right hand to paint using the mouse, when I used the tablet, it was impossible to use right handed and very uncomfortable to use the pen and tablet, mostly orientation and getting used to clicking the pen when I needed it. I may give one a try again in the future but for now I am staying in my comfort zone.

thanks
    “Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” Pablo Picasso

When I first bought my tablet, Wacom intuos 2 from ebay, I used it once, didn't like it and put it aside for about 3 months. Then I dragged it out again, figuring that I might get used to it. Once I did, I couldn't see me doing art any other way (besides with a good old fashion pencil on paper). It takes a little to get used to, but once you do, you'll get hooked. Give it another try.
    Secret to happiness? Get yourself a hobby!
    Visit my Gallery!

@lew

hehe well i'm also lefthanded and have my mouse in the right hand. I have my tablett on the left side (drawing with the left hand) and the normal mouse on the right side. So it's very confortable. And you can switch between this two interfaces without any problem (hehe, of course you can't use both devices at the same time). I think that this is also the solution for you!

Greez
    M.Siegrist

Artrage 2.6 & Wacom Intuos 3 A5
    XP SP2