ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Desaturate?!

Desaturate?!

Does ArtRage not have a way to desaturate an image, or even a total desaturation (change to greyscale)? I've been looking for about 30 minutes and can't seem to find anything on the subject. I use photoshop as well, that's not the problem, but my wife is making some stuff in ArtRage and I'd like to not have her running between some other program and ArtRage if she just wants to desaturate something. I hope I'm just missing something

I'm not sure if there is an actual option for doing this, but a simple way to achieve this effect is to create a new layer with the blend mode to "saturation", and use the paint roller to apply an even coat of gray to it. anyway it worked for me..hth

ArtRage doesn't have colour adjustment options like greyscale, but that's a good thought mcs, using the blend modes to acheive a desired effect.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Lightbulb

What would be an awesome feature is a saturate/desaturate option which influence not only the work itself but also directly the palette within the color sample pannel in the same time.
    (Better: If it's optional or if the option of keeping original palette + adding the new desaturated/saturated palette within the pannel... this would be heaven)
    Last edited by orbital_chiller; 03-29-2009 at 05:27 PM. Reason: I am very sleepy right naaaow

A work around for this is to create a new layer above the colored layers and set its paper grain to the "cell" preset, color to a gray tone and its opacity to 100%. Your canvas should be covered with a flat gray color. Now change this layers "blend mode" to the "color" option (found under "more blend modes" in the layer menu). You should now have a black and white image.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    A work around for this is to create a new layer above the colored layers and set its paper grain to the "cell" preset, color to a gray tone and its opacity to 100%. Your canvas should be covered with a flat gray color. Now change this layers "blend mode" to the "color" option (found under "more blend modes" in the layer menu). You should now have a black and white image.
    Interesting i will try that. Indeed it should make the trick as well

,,, thanks for asking the question and double thank you to Someonesane for the information,,, tried it and that is so cool, don't know how you wonderful people figure out these things but do appreciate it very much!!!