ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Wow! This could be for real.

Wow! This could be for real.

As many of you know, I started my web comic "Rapskullions by Nuovo". It has been brewing inside of me for some time and everything is finally starting to gel. I am finding out if I can work around my otherwise hectic schedule and still commit to updating 5 days a week. I have never undertaken something of this nature before so it is a learning experience.

I registered my domain name yesterday (rapskullions.com) and will attempt to set up the web site as soon as possible. Fortunately I do have some tech geek friends who can be of assistance but I would welcome any advice or input.

One question I have is how do you insert text into a picture. My handwriting is not the best and it would make my text bubbles easier to read.

Thanks! I will update as progress is made.
    Rule #1: When all else fails, look directly in front of your face. -NuoVo

My website www.rapskullions.com

Well, the simplest way would most likely be bringing the finished image into another program (like MS paint) and adding the text in that program.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

I suggest you install Photoshop. Draw the cartoon in ArtRage, save as a psd and open in Photoshop where you can add text.

Or you could spend an eternity adding text using the stencils.

Either way works, but I'd prefer the first one myself...

If you can't afford Photoshop (which costs about $650 in full), I'd recommend a program like Gimp: http://www.gimp.org/, which is an open source program that you can download and use free of charge.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Galena, Kansas, USA (Southeast corner of the state)
    Hi there,

I always save my work as a jpeg. Then I use an older version of Ulead Photo Express. It works great for adding text. If your only using it for text it shouldn't matter if it's an "up to date" version, of whatever you chose. You might be able to get one of your geek friends to dig up a version of something they've outgrown for you. Hope that helps.
    Do we have to accept what life hands us? Or can we say no thank you and ask for a different flavor?

Never hurts to have your text and art on separate layers in case you want to change the dialog or apply a language translation to it.

Of course for the web you would flatten it when you have a version you want to upload for viewing.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Galena, Kansas, USA (Southeast corner of the state)
    Layers.......didn't think of that..........Come on Akey.....
    Blonde here......!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    Do we have to accept what life hands us? Or can we say no thank you and ask for a different flavor?

Artrage does have the capability of copy and paste of text from a text editor or page layout program. I would use Illustrator, but several text editors would probably work.
    As for the caption boxes... these could easily be done as a stencil or series of stencils that would scale up and down as you need for the amount of text and space you have in the strip.