Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brick wall canvas - updated 12 July '08

Gallery
    View images

Brick wall canvas - updated 12 July '08

Hi guys & gals,

Now that we can also upload .cpr files (thanks AR team!), here is a my impression of a brick wall canvas which you can download and play with.

You can make some nice effects with the chalk tool (set the pressure real low). Play around with all the tools and settings and see what you can come up with.

Also attached is a pic of what you will be downloading with a few metallic airbrush strokes (and a few non-metallic ones). On the right side is what I did with the chalk tool. You get the idea?

1. Dowload the .cpr file and drop it in your the following directory:

C [or other HD where you installed AR]:\Documents and Settings\[your computer name]\Application Data\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2\Resources\Presets\Canvases

2. Download the little grayscale *jpg image (the black and white image next to the painted wall) and drop it in the following folder:

C [or other HD where you installed AR]:\Program Files\Ambient Design\ArtRage 2\Resources\Grains

Fire up AR and the new canvas should show up in your canvas presets as "yvan's brick wall".

Have fun!

Yvan.

__________________________________________________ ____________
    NOTE:

I've redone the whole thing today (12 July 2008) as some of you could not get it to work before. I really hope the gremlins have no been sorted out.

I tested the files on a different PC and they seem to be OK now.

PLEASE take the time to download and try the files and let me know whether all is fine now (or not).

You can also try the workaround here: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13391 if you have trouble making it work.
    __________________________________________________ ____________
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by yvan_c; 07-13-2008 at 11:05 AM.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Guys & Gals,

For some reason the .cpr-file I initially uploaded to the forum did not display the correct canvas in AR.

I've had no complaints or comments to the thread, so I assume that no-one has taken the trouble to download it yet. I replaced the file and it should work now. Could someone PLEASE download and try the preset in AR and let me know whether the canvas displays correctly.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Gallery
    View images
    As a sheet type once saved as .cpr it doesn't work.
    Probably You have to save it witjin the graves (and probably with another extension).
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Caesar,

You put me on the right track, thank you.

Seems you have to also place the image file you used to make the preset in the "grains" folder.

I've uploaded the grayscale image to my original post and edited the explanation.

Please give it a try and let me know.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi yvan. The png file works as a grain but the cpr file doesn't work as a canvas ... just creates an overall rough canvas.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Robert,

Thanx for trying. I will setup the preset again and see if it works. What I don't get is why it works on my PC and not yours?

Gallery
    View images
    Ok,

I resaved the preset from AR and uploaded it directly from my canvas preset folder to the forum.

If this doesn't work, I do not know what else to do.

Anyone have any further suggestions?

irishrose Guest
    Yvan,

It won't work at all on my Mac

Gallery
    View images
    I'm sorry to hear that Rose.

Obviously I will have to look into this a bit more. I will do so over the weekend and use my daughter's PC as a reference until I figure this out.

As I was saying earlier, it is mind boggling that it does not work on your PC's but it does on mine.

I hope the AR team pick this up. Maybe they will have some suggestions.

irishrose Guest
    Yvan, well, thanks for trying. It didn't work on the PC and now not on the Mac.. don't know if it's something I'm doing wrong, but downloading to the right folders...

I do pray it will be fixed soon. Now I have to wait for another monitor to arrive for my PC. Always something!

Thanks again! You tried hard