Thread: Other art media besides ArtRage?

Gallery
    View images

Other art media besides ArtRage?

Hi. I thought to post a little question about other art media on the forum.

Although I absolutely love ArtRage, I do some pencil drawings now and then. Haven't had much time in recent years to get into oil painting, but I hope that will change soon.

Do you use any other media? What kind? And what is your favorite way to create art?

Gallery
    View images
    I do some drawings on real paper using a lot of different pens and inks, I also do watercolor and pastels. But my favorite way to create art, except the digital way, is sculpting (and painting as I paint some of my sculptures)
    My portfolio & other things :
    http://www.cedrictrojani.fr

Gallery
    View images
    I have very little talent when it comes to "real" art methods (painting, drawing, etc.). I discovered digital art several years ago and have been creating it in Paint Shop Pro.

I am planning on buying one of the famed artists, Jon Gnagy, Master Art Studio to get a feel for other types of art methods.

I thought that AR would provide a uniqueness that goes beyond what I can do in PSP and am currently planning submitting images I create in AR for my company's art competition next year.

Betty

Gallery
    View images
    "Real" media doesn´t feature in my interests, basically because I live in a place where the materials are not readily available. Also, I´m too lazy to be cleaning up stuff in a regular studio.

There are so many digital painting programs out there, and a bunch of vector drawing programs as well. I´ve fiddled about with several, some are pretty good, others not. I´ll mention no names here, since it´s an Artrage forum.

I´m always on the lookout for the next best program and I sample quite a few (as do many, no doubt), but I can tell you, that after working with ArtRage for a few months, none of them seem as user friendly nor as much fun. And someone is always showing how really powerful AR can be.

I´ll always use whatever tool suits my needs, but for unlocking whatever creativty I may have, ArtRage is still number one for me. If something better comes along, I´ll be there in a minute. So far, I´m pretty much an AR kind of guy.
    The only problem with humor is that no one takes it seriously.

Either pencil, or pen, and a sheet of paper. Cheap ballpoint Bic pens are surprisingly great for sketching, very pressure-sensitive. More than half the time though I start and finish a pic in ArtRage. <3
    Last edited by Orangeish; 06-29-2008 at 08:01 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    Currently, I mostly just use computer programs (ArtRage being at the top of the list). When I was in college I did a lot with oil paints, water colors, chalks and charcoal. I also did some pottery and sculpting. Every now and then I'll do some sketches on paper still, but I like to stick with my computer, because I can draw and paint while I have a few moments of downtime at work.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Gallery
    View images
    I like graphics programmes....but for me the bottom line is still paper and pencil. I tried oils and water colors and all the rest...but for some reason I am not comfortable with color. I can do a great sketch in pencil, or pen..but when I try to apply color, I am never happy with it

Gallery
    View images
    lots of digital because its quick to setup/cleanup....but when i have time...watercolour,acrylic,gouache,pencils,pastles and also lots of crafty type stuff like making beaded jewellery.

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

I do quite a bit of watercolor, pen & ink, and a little gouache here and there. I really prefer sketching outdoors and on-location, plein air fashion. To some degree I am using ArtRage to get familiar with opaque techniques before I embark on some plein air oils or acrylic.

I have all my artwork posted to my flickr photostream, if anyone is interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mathomas