ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Canvas Size for Printing

Canvas Size for Printing

Hi there,

I've recently bought a Wacom Bamboo and got this excellent program with it - absolutely amazing to me coming from a traditional drawing background. Most of my work is drawn on A4 sketched in Pencil then inked with Bic Biros using cross hatching - a technique I picked up some 25 to 30 years ago when drawing at the back of the English class!!!! A biro tool would be great (for me!!!)

Apologies if this has been asked before - but is there a table or calculation to work out the best canvas size to use depending on the desired output size? I wish to attempt to recreate one of my drawings for my neice and would like to print it out using one of the Kodak photo printing machines to be found in Chemists here in the UK.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dean

Hi DeanO. What has worked well for me is to create images with at least 100 pixels per planned print inch. For example, 1200x1800 pixels for a 12"x18" print. Also, here's a link to the Art Supplies forum you may find helpful.
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums...ic.php?t=11230

Thanks for the reply Robert.

I found this one for ISO sizes A5, A4, A3 & A2 but the DPI is higher at 300, more to this paper size than meets the eye :?