ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: need a bit help from you pro's...

Gallery
    View images

need a bit help from you pro's...

OK, this is probably a stupid topic probably because I could look up thousands of tutorials and alike, but I always prefer being taught on the actual matter, in that case my far from finished painting, and could not find tutorials that were suitable to achieve the wanted result.

I'm very new to painting and now aimed a bit to high when I started to paint this picture. Before i ran out of skill I wanted to paint some trees (or rather "shadows" that look like trees, you know what i mean, improvise some trees) on the hills, create some waves on the lake and maybe decorate the lake shore a bit - but I got not the slightest idea how to do that! That's pretty easy, I'm sure, but I just don't know how to go on and am quite frustrated now after many hours of trying and trying ending up with messed up results each time.
    Of course I'm aware of the fact that the best way to figure out something is to try it yourself till you get it, but I'm simply frustrated now and almost about to plunk this painting. :evil:

I would appreciate very much if some of you could show me some stuff that helps me finish my work. It has absolutely NOT to be perfect, just give me some ideas how to do the trees, the waves and maybe even some grasses or something to finish it.

Maybe this can even end up as some kind of tutorial for other beginners?

Thanks a lot in advance

Matt
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lake_sunset_147.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	13484  
    "Even as we approach the 21st century, when central heating has become almost standard, why are there few more inviting prospects on a winter's night than an open log fire?" - Unknown